Australia Day 2014 SF Sports Carnival
Sunday, January 26, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 5:30 PM (PST)
San Francisco, Ca
Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
January 26 marks the annual Down Under celebration, Australia Day - the day in 1788 when the first Europeans landed at Sydney Cove.
We want YOU to join us in celebrating San Francisco style!
Hop on over to Treasure Island and experience a day of Australian culture, showcasing iconic sports, food and music. A great day out for you with a group of friends, or fun for the entire family! (Children 12 years and under enter FREE.)
* WATCH local Netball and Australian Football teams as they battle it out on the court and field, featuring the San Francisco Stars Netball, Golden Gate AFL and Sacramento Suns AFC.
* EAT from a variety of Aus-inspired food vendors, including a sausage sizzle, meat pies, veggie pasties, and sweet treats such as lamington cakes and Anzac cookies!
* DRINK from a selection of beverages, including beer, cider, soda and water.
* LEARN the rules and skills of Ausball from seasoned players and coaches in a clinic run by the Ausball Academy.
* PARTICIPATE in an Ausball game alongside experienced players. Please bring athletic clothing and running shoes and/or cleats, and register by clicking here.
* Bring an Australian or Boxing Kangaroo flag to wave!
* Wear green and gold, or red, white and blue!
* Sport an Australian flag-themed temporary tattoo or two!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (exact order is subject to change closer to the day of the event):
12 noon: Event opens
12.30-1.30pm: Exhibition netball game
1.45-2.15pm: Ausball clinic/demonstration
2.15-2.55pm: Exhibition AFL match
3-4pm: Demonstration Ausball game featuring spectator participants - game registration click here.
4pm: Raffle draw and presentation (Food and drinks available all day until approx. 5.30pm.)
* Tickets will be available for sale online until 11pm on Saturday, January 25, 2014. They will also be available on the day for $20 at the entry gate.
TICKETING POLICY: Use of the Golden Gate Rugby Club football field and netball court will be weather dependent and fully at the discretion of the Club. If the Club deem weather conditions safe and reasonable for use, the event will go on - rain, hail or shine! Refunds will only be available if the field and court are closed by the Club.