San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Attracting International Investment
Hosted by: Austin Startup Week, Austin Technology Incubator and
City of Austin.
Thursday, 10 October 2013
10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Austin City Hall
Board & Commissions Room (ground floor)
Austin City Hall, Boards and Commissions Room (301 W. 2nd Street). The panel is free, but we’ll need to cap the registration at 70 since that is the capacity of the room. Validated parking in the City Hall garage will be available.
WHAT and WHO:
Panel title: “Attracting International Investment”
Recent evolutions in technology, regulation, and the global economy are enabling startups to pursue international investment more actively and successfully. This panel brings together people with personal experience in raising money outside of the United States:
- Isaac Barchas runs the Austin Technology Incubator at The University of Texas at Austin (http://ati.utexas.edu/). ATI’s 2012 graduating class has collectively raised more than $230 million.
- Jagath Narayan, founder/CEO of Ordoro, www.ordoro.com, a shipping and inventory management application for small and medium businesses. The Ordoro team raised their first significant capital from European investors, with whom they initially connected via AngelList.
- Rogelio de los Santos, Managing Director of Alta Ventures, a premier venture capital firm based in Mexico. www.altaventures.com/index.php/en/home describes Alta well an dincludes a good bio of Rogelio.
- Pascal Nicolas founder of SalesVu, a super-easy mobile point-of-sale solution. www.salesvu.com/. Pascal went a long way down the path of raising money in the Middle East, but the deal fell apart at the last minute – a great and instructive “war story.”
- Angelos Angelou, the economic development consultant who founded the eponymous AngelouEconomics, http://www.angeloueconomics.com/. Angelos has significant experience with international investment.
Questions about this event, please contact: email@example.com