Aurora Regional Fire Museum's Gingerbread FIREhouse Building Workshop
Saturday, November 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CST)
Don't feel comfortable making your own gingerbread entry?
Do you want some family fun, without the hassle of rolling out
gingerbread dough and mixing frosting in your kitchen?
Grab your kids, your friends, and/or yourself and join us on Saturday, November 23, for a Gingerbread FIREhouse Making Workshop
This two-hour, hands on, beginner class is suitable for both families and novice adults. Each individual (or parent/child team) will design and decorate their very own gingerbread firehouse or burning building. Following the workshop, participants are invited to leave their completed creations for entry into the Aurora Regional Fire Museum's Gingerbread FIREhouse Contest.
- One 10-inch gingerbread house kit, base, icing, sugar paste, decorating tools, and some basic candies.
- Expert instruction and supervision from a three-time Ginger-bread FIREhouse Contest winner on designing, assembling, and decorating your gingerbread creation.
- Pre-paid registration/entry fee into the Aurora Regional Fire Museum's Gingerbread FIREhouse Contest.
- Loads of Holiday FUN!
- This workshop is appropriate for children ages five and up.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult (maximum two children per adult please).
- Each paid reservation fee is good for one completed gingerbread entry. Due to space limitations, a maximum of three people may collaborate on each entry.
- All participants are asked/ENCOURAGED to bring their own additional candy to decorate and individualize their own entry.
- When: Saturday, November 23. 10am to noon.
- Where: This workshop will be held at the PME School of Cake Decorating, 35 N. Broadway (just across the street from the fire museum)
- What: $40 registration fee per gingerbread entry
Though the generosity of the PME School of Cake Decorating,
and Cake Du Jour, all proceeds from this workshop
benefit the Aurora Regional Fire Museum
When & Where
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
The Aurora Regional Fire Museum is a non-profit, tax exempt, 501(c)3 educational museum whose purpose is to preserve and exhibit the artifacts and history of firefighter in Aurora and the surrounding area, as well as teach and promote fire safety and prevention,
visit our website:
follow/friend us on FaceBook