Auditor Independence: Challenges and Opportunities
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This 90-minute webinar on effective internal auditing will show how you can promote internal auditor independence and objectivity so as to assure organizational governance, risk, and control processes.
Why Should You Attend:
Independence and objectivity are important, but often overlooked, terms that are paramount to effective internal auditing. Without the freedom of independence and the vigilance of objectivity the internal auditor may become irrelevant to organizational stakeholders seeking assurance over management operations.
Join us for this 90-minute session as the presenter uses his insight and experience to discuss the challenges and factors affecting auditor independence and objectivity. Participants will understand how to promote internal auditor independence and objectivity and how it affects the assurance services that are provided over organizational governance, risk, and control processes.
- Learning the difference and distinction between independence and objectivity.
- Understanding how international standards and guidance applies to the organization, the Chief Audit Executive (CAE,) and the individual Internal Auditor.
- Engaging in interactive real world inspired discussions about scenarios that either impair or promote independence and objectivity.
Areas covered in this session:
- Guidance on Independence and Objectivity.
- Factors affecting Independence.
- Factors threatening Objectivity.
- Managing threats to Objectivity.
- Frameworks for evaluating Independence and Objectivity
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.