Auditing GRC Programs
Thursday, February 27, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This webinar will show you how to audit your GRC program (governance, risk and compliance) and how to evaluate its design and operating effectiveness.
Why Should You Attend:
More than ever, the business community perceives the need not only to articulate the principles of good governance, compliance, risk management, and ethics — but also to integrate these concepts into the fabric of day-to-day business — and use them to drive better performance.
An effective internal audit function is a valuable resource for management, the board and audit committee due to its understanding of the organization and its culture, operations, and risk profile. The objectivity, skills, and knowledge of competent internal auditors can contribute to the effectiveness of an organization's internal control, risk management, and other governance processes. An internal audit of a GRC program will assist in improving the governance practices of your organization.
This Webinar will show you how to audit your GRC program by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Audit scope
- What is the goal?
- Planning efforts
- The general audit steps
- Audit risk assessment
- Audit objectives
- Audit approach
- What auditors like to see
- Audit testing
- Issues to watch out for
- Other considerations and resources to leverage
Who Will Benefit:
- Chief Audit Executives
- Internal Auditors
- CEOs, CFOs, Chief Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Ethics Officers
- Board Members
- Executive Management with oversight responsibilities for compliance and ethics initiatives
- Risk Managers
Dan Swanson, President of Dan Swanson and Associates, Ltd., is a 25-year internal audit veteran, who was the Director of Professional Practices at the Global Office of the Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA). Prior and subsequent to the IIA, Swanson was an independent management consultant for over 15 years. He has completed audit projects for more than 30 different organizations, spending almost 10 years in government auditing, at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels, and the rest in the private sector, mainly in the financial services, transportation, and health sectors.
Swanson led the writing of the OCEG internal audit guide for use in auditing GRC programs and also participated in the COSO small business task force efforts to provide guidance for small to medium public companies regarding internal control over financial reporting. The author of more than 150 articles on internal auditing and other management topics, Swanson is currently a freelance writer and independent management consultant.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.