Actions and Detail Panel
AT&T Public Sector Hackathon - Washington, DC
Fri, Sep 16, 2016, 6:00 PM – Sat, Sep 17, 2016, 10:00 PM EDT
Have an app idea to improve government services? Interested in creating innovative applications that will harness the “Internet of Things” enabling the Federal Government to better serve their employees and the citizen?
Come to this special Internet of Things (IoT) and Government focused hackathon, produced by the AT&T Developer Program.
With the adoption of mobile broadband, the Federal Government and their industry partners are searching for new creative applications in the areas of: Smart City, Public Safety and more to come. We are looking to connect people to information enabling the Government to better serve the citizen. Imagine this! You develop a new public safety application that improves law enforcement and citizen interactions with the potential of saving lives.
How can you help? Work with AT&T and other high technology companies to show case your creative thinking and application development talent. Develop your idea on commercially available software and leverage sensor technologies from leading commercial companies.
The Federal Government is an important market with many opportunities for developers. By hacking new mobile applications, developers can mature their ideas, get involved in an exciting community, and create something to further the greater social good.
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and/or team-up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person, designer, entrepreneur, student, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools. We will also have loaner hardware on-site for you to use in your solutions.
- Arduino Boards: Sunfounder Super Kit with Uno R3 for Arduino (Documentation)
- RobotLinking 37 Sensor Kit
- Intel Edison (Documentation) + Grove - Starter Kit Plus Intel IoT Edition with Intel Gateway Technology + Arduino 101
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B 1GB, Documentation (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 (monitor and keyboard not included)
- Photon Board Maker Kit (Documentation)
- GoPro Hero3 (GPL Libraries)
The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking and developer dating
- 7PM - Speakers present
- 8PM - Pitch idea and form teams
- 9PM - Technical workshops
- 9:30AM - The fun continues with coffee and breakfast served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 12:30PM - Lunch is served
- 4PM - Deadline for team registration
- 5:30PM - Dinner is served
- 7PM - CODE FREEZE. Pitches start promptly at 7PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Overall App: $5,000 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Best Smart City App: $2,500 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Best Public Safety App: $2,500 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Best Sustainability App: $2,500 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- IBM Watson Challenge
- 1st place: $2,000 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- 2nd place: $1,000 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Intel Excellence Award: $2,000 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Mechatronics Excellence Award: $1,500 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
- Cisco Excellence Award: $500 (in cash to be split between team members or donated to charity)
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
Hackathon terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
We expect all participants to abide by the Hack Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/attdeveloper.
Follow us, @attdeveloper, for live updates and photos from the event
"Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper
Date and Time
2397 Sixth Street, NW
Armour J. Blackburn University Center: East Ballroom
Washington, DC 20059