Have an app idea or need an app built for your business?
Join us for a Mobile App Hackathon produced by the AT&T Developer Program and Alcatel-Lucent. Hackathons are coding competitions, where individuals and teams build mobile apps from scratch over a 24 hour period. The apps are then pitched to judges and prizes award for the best apps. Hackathons are a great opportunity to learn new technologies, network with fellow developers, enjoy some food, most importantly have some fun!
The Hackathon will be held in New York City at the Center for Social Innovation, starting Friday, Nov 6 at 6pm and ending Saturday Nov 7 approximately 8:30pm. See the full schedule below.
We Supply: Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. Along with technical senseis to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools.
Get started with Alcatel-Lucent Rapport™ Call Management APIs.
Get started with Microsoft Azure.
You Bring: Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team focused mindset and/or team up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person, designer, entrepreneur, student, or just interested in tech; you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- Day 1
- 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 7PM - Speakers present (please see below for list)
- 8PM - Pitch ideas and form teams
- 9PM - Alcatel-Lucent Rapport™ Call Management Workshop
- 12AM - Facility will close for the night. Go home and get some sleep or find a hacker nest in order to continue coding.
- Day 2
- 10AM - The fun continues with coffee served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec’d. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 11:30AM - Lunch is Served
- 5PM - Dinner is Served
- 6PM - Pencils down. Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. No powerpoints unless you are only presenting an idea.
Prizes. The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Overall App - $2,500
- Best Use of Alcatel-Lucent Rapport™ Call Management APIs (See below for more information)
- 1st Place - $2,500
- 2nd Place - $1,000
- 3rd Place - $500
- Crush on Apps
- Internet of Things - $500
- Location Services - $500
- Best App Built on Azure - $500
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
- Hackathon Terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
- Follow us @attdeveloper for live updates and photos from the event
- "Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper
Rapport Call Management APIs
The Rapport call management APIs give your application a unique chance to take full control of subscribers’ calls (both signaling and media) and deliver value-added services for consumers and enterprises. Your application can perform audio and video play-back, collect digits from the user, request for call recording, create conference calls and control the participants, and simply enable or disable the subscriber’s Voice Over LTE features.
There are several reasons why the developers and companies who have used our APIs love our APIs:
- They make the mobile app available on any mobile OS and address the iOS restrictions,
- They do not require the mobile users to use another phone number,
- They are Telco-grade network APIs, which bypass several limitations of applications running over the top (OTT). As a developer, you don’t need to worry about complex services such as legal interception, voice call continuity, voice mail etc. All these services are inherited from using the APIs,
- Finally they enable developers to deliver new contextual communications based on personal information, enterprise information, IoT objects and big data!
|Dan Kliebhan is an API Evangelist at Alcatel-Lucent. He’s a developer at heart and loves hacking at the job and as a hobby. He is based in Chicago, IL.||Gilles Duboue is Marketing Manager of Rapport APIs at Alcatel Lucent. With his firm understanding of the market needs, he leads developers towards the most valuable use cases and services leveraging Rapport APIs. He is based in France.|
|Pawan Bhardwaj is a Sr. Product Manager at Alcatel-Lucent. He manages the Rapport API program and developer ecosystem. He is passionate about unlocking the innovation potential of telecom networks to create new applications and services that make everyday life – work, family, social interactions – better. He is based in Dallas, TX.||Ed Donahue, Sr. Product Marketing Manager at AT&T, is based out of sunny Seattle! She is passionate about enabling developers and hackers to create awesome stuff! She's a huge supporter of women in tech and encourages everyone to try programming.|