Do you like to design and make things? Are you inspired by the power of technology to build the world around you?
If so, we want to see you in action. The AT&T Developer Program and The Dallas Entrepreneur Center is inviting you to innovate and build what's next in technology. We’re looking for creative thinkers like you to join us at this special IoT focused hackathon. All skill levels are welcome! We need a wide variety skills and perspectives to create positive change. There will be prizes around Smart Cities, Mechatronics and Women in Tech.
At AT&T, we have adopted a progressive approach to innovation – one that embraces openness and encourages collaboration between entrepreneurs and professionals of all genders and backgrounds. We believe that working together as a community provide a critical spark to the tech industry that can accelerate innovation and economic growth.
Hang out with us as we hack and build apps, eat snacks, compete for prizes and most importantly: meet new people who share your love of technology. We will have experts from AT&T and the local community onsite to assist with your development.
Mechatronics Excellence Award
Does your app include robotics or other engineering fields? We invite developers to embrace mechatronics, the art of mixing mechanical engineering (e.g. robotics) with electronics and wireless connectivity. Use your technical prowess and innovative know-how to build IoT solutions that cross multiple subfields of engineering for smart cities, healthcare, sports, sustainability, or home.
The best mechatronics app is eligible for the opportunity to be selected for the AT&T Hackathon Invitational. Select Invitational finalists will be flown to Las Vegas for the 2017 AT&T Summit conference. Three finalists get to pitch live on stage at the conference for a chance to win $20,000!
IBM Watson Challenge
Leverage the power of cognitive computing and connect your IoT sensors to the the Watson IoT Platform in awe inspiring ways. The IBM Watson Cognitive Challenge will award the winning team $2,000 for the best use of Watson Cognitive and Bluemix APIs and $1,000 to the runner up. Get started building with Watson!
Best Smart City Solution
The City of Dallas will be showcasing their datasets so you can build IoT or mobile app solutions that take advantage of the datasets. Dallas OpenData provides over 100 data sets to help make Dallas a more accessible, transparent and collaborative community. We're excited to see what you build in target smart city domains such as: First Responders, Public Health, Public Safety, Security, Traffic and Transportation, or related areas. See Dallas OpenData datasets and our event sponsor, Dallas Innovation Alliance, for more ideas.
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and/or team-up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ with #atthack. Whether you are a developer, designer, project manager, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your skills are needed!
Quick presentations and code samples that help kick start your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools. We will also have loaner hardware on-site for you to use in your solutions.
- Arduino Boards: Sunfounder Super Kit with Uno R3 for Arduino (Documentation)
- RobotLinking 37 Sensor Kit
- Intel Edison (Documentation) + Grove - Starter Kit Plus Intel IoT Edition
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B 1GB, Documentation (Monitor and keyboard not included)
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 (monitor and keyboard not included)
- Photon Board Maker Kit (Documentation)
- GoPro Hero3 (GPL Libraries)
- Sphero SPRK Edition
- Make: GSW Wearables Kit (Documentation)
The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking and developer dating
- 7PM - Speakers present
- 8PM - Pitch idea and form teams
- 9PM - Technical workshops
- VENUE IS OPEN OVERNIGHT
- 9:30AM - The fun continues with coffee and breakfast served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 12:30PM - Lunch is served
- 4PM - Deadline for team registration
- 5PM - Dinner is served
- 6PM - CODE FREEZE. Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating and expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Overall App: $5,000 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- Mechatronics Excellence Award: $2,500 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- IBM Watson Challenge
- 1st place: $2,000 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- 2nd place: $1,000 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- Best Smart City Solution: $1,500 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- Best App from a Women-Led Team
- 1st place: $1,000 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
- 2nd place: $500 (in Amazon gift cards to be split between team members)
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
Hackathon terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR.
We expect all participants to abide by the Hack Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/attdeveloper.
Follow @attdeveloper for live updates and photos from the event
"Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper
- Post your own photos using #atthack