Actions and Detail Panel
AT&T IoT Civic Hackathon - Indianapolis
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 6:00 PM – Sat, Apr 22, 2017, 9:00 PM EDT
Have an idea to disrupt and energize Indiana’s economy with IoT? Help us make, move and grow the Indiana of Things!
This very special, IoT Civic Hackathon, an event produced by the AT&T Developer Program, is designed for attendees interested in coding mobile apps or hacking hardware solutions to help better their state or community. AT&T and other top technology sponsors will be challenging participants to build IoT applications using government data, APIs and any hardware of their choosing. Experts will be onsite to assist with your build and answer any questions. So join us as we hack hardware, build apps/mobile apps, get fed, compete for prizes across different categories and most importantly: meet new people and scout for teammates to work on new or current projects. We will have mentors from AT&T and the local community onsite to assist with your projects.
Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team-focused mindset and/or team-up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/Google+ via the #atthack hashtag. Whether you are a backend person, designer, entrepreneur, student, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your development skills are needed!
Quick presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking, food to keep you going, and caffeine to keep you awake. We will have technical mentors to assist you in building faster, smarter, and with new tools. We will also have loaner hardware on-site for you to use in your solutions.
- Arduino Boards: Sunfounder Super Kit with Uno R3 for Arduino (Documentation)
- RobotLinking 37 Sensor Kit
- Intel Edison (Documentation) + Grove - Starter Kit Plus Intel IoT Edition
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit (Monitor and keyboard NOT included)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B 1GB, Documentation (Monitor and keyboard NOT included)
- Photon Board Maker Kit (Documentation)
- Raspberry Pi 3 + Sensors (Monitor and keyboard NOT included)
The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 6PM - Kickoff event with dinner, networking and developer dating
- 7PM - Event kickoff and speakers (see list below)
- 8PM - Pitch ideas and form teams
- 9PM - Technical Workshops
- Facility is open overnight!
- 8AM - The fun continues with coffee served in the morning! Work with the teams from Day 1 to complete the app spec'd. Mentors will be available throughout the entire day to help you code your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 4PM.
- 12:30PM - Lunch is served
- 4PM - Deadline for team registration
- 5PM - Dinner is served
- 6PM - CODE FREEZE. Pitches start promptly at 6PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team. PowerPoint presentations are NOT recommended!
The hackathon prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge. There will be prizes in the following categories. Specific prizes will be announced closer to the event.
- Best Overall Hack
- Best Smart City Hack
- Best Agriculture Innovation
- Best Manufacturing Innovation
- Best Logistics/Transportation Innovation
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 25% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 25% Weight - Originality of idea
- 25% Weight - Technically creative and/or challenging implementation
- 25% Weight - Applicability to Indiana's unique economy
Hackathon terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
We expect all participants to abide by the Hack Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/attdeveloper.
Follow us, @attdeveloper, for live updates and photos from the event
"Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ATTDeveloper
- Share your updates and photos from the event by using #atthack and #IoTCivicHack