ATSS Membership 2014 (New and Renewal)
ATSS members represent all disciplines engaged in traumatic stress services, response and treatment. ATSS members are actively involved in crisis intervention and disaster management, victim services, emergency and trauma response and longer-term treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other stress related disorders. Our members include first responders, peer counselors, victim assistance staff, emergency preparedness and disaster workers, child and adult victim advocates, grief counselors, fire fighters, the clergy and chaplaincy, public safety officers, addiction specialists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, marriage and family counselors, hospice staff, nurses, school and college counselors, employee assistance and others engaged in helping victims and survivors overcome traumatic life events.
As an ATSS member, you have an opportunity to be recognized for your work, training and experience in trauma treatment, crisis response and management, crisis intervention and trauma services and an opportunity to be a part of an internationally recognized group of individuals dedicated to excellence in trauma services. Members may also apply for international certification recognition in three distinct trauma-related areas: response, treatment, and services. The three certifications are: Certified Trauma Responder (CTR), Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS), and Certified Trauma Services Specialist (CTSS).
Individual Member Benefits
- Membership Options: Individual/Agency/Team/Student/Senior
- Internationally Recognized Certifications for eligible Members. Members who meet the criteria may apply for certification as a Certified Trauma Responder (CTR), Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS), and/or Certified Trauma Services Specialist (CTSS)
- ATSS online Membership Directory
- ATSS Code of Ethics
- Discounts for ATSS conferences
- Continuing education recognition for ATSS sponsored training and education events
- Affiliation with a professional international network of recognized trauma specialists
- Voting priviledges at ATSS organizational elections
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other specialists
- Trauma specific links and resources to information you need
- ATSS e-newsletter, Trauma Lines
- Broadcast emai
- Promotion of trauma-specific education and training events
- Agency, organization, or team membership benefits
- Reduced certification fees for five staff and/or volunteer representatives
- $10 off your next Membership fee for each new ATSS member recruited!