Atlassian JIRA Administration
Control your workflow with JIRA – the efficient way to manage and control projects, keep new ideas in the system and track bugs
Designed and delivered by experienced instructors, this engaging training session will equip delegates with the skills they need to be effective JIRA system administrators.
Based on real world JIRA admin tasks and best practices, our Atlassian JIRA Administration course covers everything that someone who is responsible for JIRA in an organisation needs to know. This includes configuration, such as creating custom workflows, as well as using add-ons to provide solutions to specific problems and ensure a better fit with business or R&D requirements.
JIRA is a powerful tool, but to make full use of its strengths, you need to match its capabilities against your organisation’s needs. The tutors will help you understand how to get JIRA to work the way you need it to, configuring projects, user profiles, workflows, filters, dashboards and the performance of the underlying system.
- 16 hours of tutor-led presentations and hands-on labs over two days
- Premium classroom in central London, easily accessible by train, tube or road
- Each attendee must bring their own laptop, to be used for the labs
- Basic knowledge of JIRA applications (JIRA Core, JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk or JIRA Cloud)
- Basic understanding of how JIRA works (including issues, workflows, screens and post functions)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Web masters, programmers, IT professionals and entrepreneurs
- New JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Core, JIRA Software or JIRA Cloud administrators
- Anyone interested in learning how to make the most of JIRA applications
KEY SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use Groovy plugins to create post-production workflows in JIRA
- How to configure JIRA to work with an LDAP (lightweight directory access protocol) directory
- How to use Apache Tomcat to tune JIRA for better execution
Becoming a JIRA guru
- Creating projects to support various business processes
- Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
- Customising workflows with conditions, validators and post functions
Managing users, permissions and project roles
- An introduction to automation in JIRA
- Using ScriptRunner for JIRA
- Listeners, services and ScriptRunner fields
Tuning JIRA for the enterprise
- Configuring JIRA to use Active Directory or other LDAPs
- Understanding the structure of JIRA’s internal database
- How to query the database directly
Keeping your instance healthy
- Best practices and housekeeping guidelines
- Troubleshooting and using the support tools
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Evgeny is a co-founder of DevOps Pro, an active member of the DevOps community and a public speaker.
He has helped multiple organisations make the most of JIRA, analysing and reviewing their processes then mapping them to JIRA and implementing effective workflows and usage patterns.
Evgeny has extensive knowledge of the entire Atlassian suite and the offerings of a broad range of add-on vendors. He is experienced in complex cloud configuration options and infrastructure implementation. He also has a deep understanding of the potential of tools such as Puppet or Chef, for configuring Linux operating system services, and Docker, for solving continuous delivery problems.
Rina is managing director of RadBee Ltd, an Atlassian Expert company that specialises in developing solutions for the life sciences sector based on JIRA and Confluence.
As a trainer, Rina shares her wealth of insights in a high paced and lively style, with special emphasis on real-life context and hands-on labs.