Actions and Detail Panel
Atlanta Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop
Sat, Aug 26, 2017, 8:30 PM – Sun, Aug 27, 2017, 3:30 PM EDT
Long time, event planning professional and entrepreneur Elaina M. Whitley presents 'Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop', a 1-day interactive course to guide you through learning all about starting and running a successful event planning business as well as the many opportunities available within the industry.
I created 'EP 101' in 2007 which has since been attended by hundreds of aspiring event professionals from around the world. In 2010, by popular demand via social media, I launched 'EP 101 On Tour', and took my expertise on the road to several cities around the country. My reason for creating this workshop was due to the thousands of dollars I spent attending event planning courses and still had nnooo clue how to start my business. I am very candid about discussing my hits and misses during my 15 years(plus) in the industry. Most event planning certificate courses do not teach students how to start a business. By hosting the workshop to a group of students at one time, I am able to share loads of information about all that I have learned, at a fraction of the cost that I paid. You will leave 'EP 101' with the knowledge on how start your business and how to create fabulous and fun events for years to come.
- Steps to get you started in the industry
- Event Planner education
- Event Planner income
- How to conduct consultations with potential brides and event planning clients
- Writing Proposals and Contracts
- Negotiating the best deals for your clients
- How to budget each detail (what percentage should be used for venue, catering, photographer, etc)
- Menu Planning, Seating Charts and Registration
- Food and beverage proportions. How much is needed for each event.
- Event Planning Timelines for Weddings, Special Events and Family Reunions
- Conducting Site Visits
- Business and Event Insurance and how to manage risks
- Market your events & business to your target audience
- How to form strategic partnerships with other event professionals
- The importance of why you must own a business and not just be an event planner
- Simple ways of how to get repeat clients
- Associations for Event Professionals
- Adding services to your business to create year-round revenue
- How your E.Y.E. Certificate of Completion can help you generate income from paid event & wedding gigs
Seating is extremely limited. Registration will close at event capacity. Early registration is highly recommended. On-site registration will be available at a higher fee if space permits.
According to former students, the information that you learn in this class is far more valuable than the cost. It is worth every dime. Learn real-life experiences from an event planning veteran.
No unregistered, accompanying guests. No small children. Suggested age is 16 years old and up. No recording devices of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
One-on-one training for 1 Day Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop is available. Please contact event host for details.
Registration fee includes:
- Wi-Fi access if you choose to bring a laptop or tablet
- Course Manual & Event Planning Tip Sheets
- Proposal Template
- Press release Template
- Templates to help you get started
- Enjoy Yourself Events Certificate of Completion
- Discount on follow-up consultation for business or event planning
- 30 days of free post-workshop follow up via email for any pending questions that you may have
- Discounts for future events hosted by Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to volunteer or intern at Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to become a member of Enjoy Yourself Events Network of Event Planners
- Opportunity to renew your certificate every 2 years with approved volunteer hours
*** The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. ***
Day of workshop instructions:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start of workshop.
- Have picture ID and printed registration confirmation upon arrival.
- Dress code - Business casual. No ripped jeans or tennis shoes (sneakers) permitted.
- Bring a sweater just in case a/c is on at the venue
- Bring laptop/tablet for assignments if you can. Not mandatory.
- Plan to stay for the entire workshop. Certificates will not be issued until the end of the day. (no exceptions)
Elaina M. Whitley is also available for private, individual and group sessions of 'EP 101' as well as speaking engagements and event hosting. If you have a group that would like to take this workshop, 'EP 101' will come to you anywhere in the world.
Date and Time
Atlanta, GA 30080