Athletic Programs - "Lightning Talk"
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 -- 9am-Noon
Statewide locations or stream live from your desk
$35 - Individual Registration
$15 - each additional agency member
Further your knowledge about and ability to provide new, and improve your current athletic programs to serve all segments of your community population.
Discover the latest trends in adaptive sports
Have a conversation about youth programs participant awards - "The Great Trophy Debate"
Explore ways to expand your program offerings through joint-use of facilities and public-private partnerships
Learn what other departments are doing to expand adult athletic programs
Speakers for this lightning talk include:
- Betsy Ricotta of Bridge II Sports - Adaptive Sports
- Michael Daly of Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation - Athletic Partnerships
- Sophie Duncan and Kyle Davis of Greenville Recreation and Parks - Adult Sports
- Troy Carlton of NC State’s Parks Recreation Tourism Management program - Joint Use Agreements
- David Guthrie of Marine Corps Community Services, Semper Fit, Cherry Point - Sportsmanship
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
If you are not streaming and are instead traveling to one of the several statewide locations, please view parking and driving info for each site on our website.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not. As long as you registered and paid online, we will mark you off on our roster.
How do I get CEUs from this workshop?
After attending the workshop, be sure to sign your name and add all requested info (including birthdate) on the CEU form presented either virtually by a site leader or physically at the workshop location. You will not receive CEUs if proper paperwork is not submitted.