THE SECOND ANNUAL TORAH & ART CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN!
NOVEMBER 7-10, 2008
Veteran's Day Weekend & 11 Cheshvan, Yahrtzeit of Rachel Imenu
Hosted by ATARA, The Arts & Torah Association, in partnership with Stern College for Women, The West Side Jewish Center, and Congregation Ramath Orah.
Shabbat, Nov 7-8 Parshas Lech Lecha. Brooklyn, NY. Hospitality, Oneg, Lunch, and afternoon program together, learning on the topic of the Chassidism & Music.
Motzi Shabbat, Nov 8 - Shir LaMaalote! Music & Dance to Elevate our Souls
- CHANALE FELLIG - www.chanalesings.com
- ELENA TAL - Opera Soprano, www.elenatal.com
- JUDY WINEGARD - Broadway Actress and star of Light for Greytowers - www.kolneshama.org
- CANFEI RUACH - women's duet on piano and harp from ISRAEL
- AYELET HASHACHAR - 3-piece women's band from Baltimore!
- The Schwadron Sisters - the newest girls-only band from New Jersey!
- Suffy Rudman - Ariella Goldberg - Rivka Lomiansky - Dance Performances - & MORE
SUNDAY, Nov 9 - Day programming with workshops in the mediums of music, dance, theatre, writing and visual art. Film shorts, visual art display, CDs for sale. Networking opportunities. Master classes in vocal technique, modern dance, and Improv theatre.
- From Page to Stage: Script Analysis and Performance - Amy Guterson, trained actress and director, founder of www.kolisha.org women's theatre group in Pittsburgh, PA
- Vocal Harmony & Arrangements - Esther Leah Marchette, BA Music Composition, Berklee School of Music
- Laughter Therapy - Esther Rachel Russell, comedienne and playwright
Dance styles offered: modern, lyrical, jazz, movement awareness, Nia
Guest Appearances and Lectures By:
- Robin Garbose, director of Kol Neshama Performing Arts Conservatory in Los Angeles - musical theatre training for girls and Director of A Light for Greytowers, the movie.
- Toby Greenwald, director of Raise Your Spirits Summer Stock Theatre in Gush Etzion, Israel. www.raiseyourspirits.com, www.bible-arts.com
- Tobi Einhorn, playwright and director of productions for Machon Bais Yaacov of Boro Park, author and director of women's movie A Blessing in Disguise
SUNDAY NIGHT - A TRIBUTE TO RACHEL IMENU Through Music, Dance & Drama
- Phyllis Blackman! Aliza Dubin! Monsey's Leah Sigal, Leah Stitzer & Elisheva Ryp!
- Katia Bolotin from One Voice, Cleveland OH
- Dance Performances - Theatre Performances - and...
- Segments from a NEW MUSICAL about the lives of Chana & Penina - debut performance! with original composer & songwriter Liora Oppenheimer, Toronto
MONDAY, Nov 10 - Afternoon programming, dance performances, and Keynote Lectures:
Miriam Arman, vocal coach with world-wide experience. How to Properly Use the Voice
Robin Garbose, film director and television producer from Hollywood, Expressing our own Voices
Shimona Tzukernick, Torah educator and visual artist, Art as Life: Lessons Learned
SEE DETAILED SCHEDULE and PRESENTER BIOS at www.artsandtorah.org
When & Where
Nov 8: 345 East 15th St @ 1st Ave, Union Sq
Nov 9: 300-310 West 43rd St @ 8th Ave, Port Authority
Nov 10: 550 West 110th St, Btwn Bway-Amst,
Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM - Monday, November 10, 2008 at 8:00 PM (EST)
Add to my calendar
ATARA promotes and facilitates performing and arts educational opportunities for Torah observant artists. Our programs strive to strengthen and serve a community of performing artists who are committed to Torah values. ATARA has been made possible by the contributions of Yeshiva University Stern College for Women, Tzohar Seminary for Chassidut and the Arts, Raise Your Spirits Theater of Gush Etzion, The Storch Agency, Kol Neshama, The Creative Learning Institute of Dance, Congregation Ramat Orah, ImproveHowYouMove.com, The Breslov Connection, Professional Women's Theater and the JEWTA Talent Agency, Tizmoret Shoshana Summer Institute, Ayelet HaShachar Women's Band, The Ezra Foundation, Aliza Dubin, and individual artists and supporters.