ATARA Partners in Creation 2016
This year's ATARA Conference focuses on
THE DEVELOPMENT OF ORIGINAL MATERIAL in music, theater, dance, and film
with additional attention to administrative needs of artists who self produce.
as well as addressing issues relating to creativity and performance in the pursuit of Torah values such as modesty, humility and adherence to traditional customs.
Workshops will iyH include the following subjects:
- Starting a Frum Arts Production Company
- Getting from Idea to Script - Story Development and Scriptwriting
- Dance Composition
- Collaboration in the Arts
- What Makes Good Song Composition?
- Making Money in the Arts Business
- Social Media and Your Music
- Grants for Artists
- Arts Expression and the Ego
- Do Creative Arts fit with Orthodoxy?
- Teaching Torah using the Arts
Performances and participating artists will iyH include:
- Students, teachers and director of Tzohar Seminary for Chassidut and the Arts
- Performers and development team of The Shidduch Crisis - a collaborative work of theater and dance
- Founder of Professional Women's Theater, Wanna Be A Star Competition, and JEWTA Talent Agency
- Official Songstress of Barnard College
Schedule and Participant Bios NOW AVAILABLE on the website
and on the Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/artsandtorah/
When & Where
Thurs night: 330 Seventh Ave @ 29th St, NYC. Motzei Shabbat: 181 Van Houten Ave, Passaic, NJ. Sunday: 606 W.115th St NYC - Columbia Univ.
ATARA promotes and facilitates performing and arts educational opportunities for Torah observant artists. Our programs strive to strengthen and serve a community of performing artists who are committed to Torah values. ATARA has been made possible by the contributions of Yeshiva University Stern College for Women, Tzohar Seminary for Chassidut and the Arts, Raise Your Spirits Theater of Gush Etzion, The Storch Agency, Kol Neshama, The Creative Learning Institute of Dance, Congregation Ramat Orah, ImproveHowYouMove.com, The Breslov Connection, Professional Women's Theater and the JEWTA Talent Agency, Tizmoret Shoshana Summer Institute, Ayelet HaShachar Women's Band, The Ezra Foundation, Aliza Dubin, and individual artists and supporters.