Astra Annual Holiday Recognition Luncheon
Honor Your Past, Build Your Future!
December 8, 2016 | 10:00am-2:00pm
Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Hotel registeration deadline for preferred rates: November 23, 2016
Astra Code: 12300605131 $209.00 + taxes
Sir Francis Drake Hotel
450 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA.
Ideation. Innovation. Recognition.
Astra invites you to break away from your office and meetings and join us for part of a day which we promise will be memorable. You will hear about new ideas that create possibilities of new products and services for your company to offer to the marketplace and learn how to get them funded.
You can also nominate yourself and other deserving individuals and companies to be recognized for their growth and advocacy for women-owned businesses. Be honored for doing other deals with Astra WBE in our WBE-WBE Done Deals and Corporate to WBE awards. You just need to fill out the form and we will memorialize you at our event and on our website and press releases following our event.
If you have been WBENC certified for 10 or 15 years or more, we will honor and congratulate you. You will need to be at the event in order to be recognized.
Hear energizing speakers, Dr. Delia Grenville and Rodney Sampson who will talk about new ideas using science technology engineering arts and math which will be the tools for new products and services and learn how to get your ideas funded by venture capitalists and funders.
Visionary technologist with proven Fortune 200 track record providing leadership for large-scale technology change to drive revenue and enhance market share
- Published author on project management, research practices, and user experience;
- Inventor of five digital content technologies with patents pending;
- Co-founder of Designing Me, an organization that steers professional women into executive and leadership positions;
- Guest lecturer at Stanford MBA School, the Strategic Innovation Lab at Ontario College of Art, and MIT.
Veteran technology entrepreneur with four startups and two exits, angel investor, and author of four books, including Kingonomics.
- Launched Opportunity Ecosystem (OE);
- Created Kingonomics Events International, the nation’s leading advocacy and learning platform focused on capital formation and wealth creation for people of color;
- Advisor to high growth startups such as Digit, Sandbox, Ourotech and Leif;
- Non-profit board members of the Crowdfunding Professional Association (CfPA), the Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) and the International Bishop’s Conference of The Old Holy Catholic Church of America.
Registration Fee: $145/person, includes workshop and lunch
Registration before November 30th at noon
Please Note: You will need to be at the event in order to be recognized for the Astra Awards.
10:00am Welcome Remarks and Self-Introductions
10:30am Fireside Chat with Delia Grenville and Rodney Sampson
Introduced by Judith Goldkrand, Wells Fargo Bank
Moderated by Fernando Hernandez
11:30am Networking Lunch and Zany Time Out
12:30pm Astra Award Recognition
01:00pm Networking- One-on-One Trifecta
02:00pm Team Recognition
02:30pm Thank you for coming!