Come and join us at Astoria Park for a day of Community, Support and Fun.
When: Sunday, July 10th from 10am to 4pm
Hosted by: KC Culinary Events & MOMpreneurs group of Astoria
There is nothing that brings a community together more than SUPPORT and there is so much of it here in Astoria!
This event is run by local mamas for local families! It will be a fun day in the park where you can get to know what your community has to offer you.
There will be something for everyone to enjoy!
Demonstrations for kids and parents, including a cooking class, dance class, book readings & MORE!
Raffle prize giveaways with gifts valued from $30 to $120+ (see details below)
Open Play Activities for kids to come and explore: sensory tables, bubbles, art activities and more.
Information on family based businesses that are here to support you! (see participant details below)
REGISTER FOR FREE ADMISSION & BUY A $5 RAFFLE TICKET for a chance to win the 34 different raffles available!!
MOMpreneurs is a group of local women business owners who are also NYC mamas. These women have some legit talent and businesses that reach people all over the country.
Kim of KC Culinary Events & MOMpreneur's of Astoria have come together to host a fair for their local community here in Astoria, Queens and would love to see you there!
Bring your family to get to know and enjoy your community. A variety of mama run businesses will be there to show you what they have happening and how THEY CAN BE OF SERVICE TO YOU and your family.
Come by and spend the day at the park with other families and join the fun!
We'll see you there!
- UP-STAND: Gift basket of pregnancy awareness products: Cozy, 2 Pins, Pass, Greeting Card
- KC Culinary Events: 1 Private Family Cooking Class
- Wheatley Pritchard & Associates PLLC: Kid's Protection Plan Consultation for nominating guardians
- Dance Fit: 7 weeks of classes age 1 to 5
- Astoria Preschool Dance: 7 weeks of classes age 20months to prek
- Tangy Sweet Photography: 30 Minute Photo Session for up to 4 individuals and 3 digital downloads
- Raising Astoria: 2 free Funikijam Class
- Reiki with Caroline: One2One Reiki with Caroline session
- Caroline Trowbridge, Author: A signed copy of "I am Me...You, Us and We" children's picture book
- Kirsten Cruzen: doTERRA Wellness Advocate, Essential Oils Intro kit
- Allergic to Salad: 2 drop in kids' cooking classes
- Children's Art Garden Studio: 4 consecutive art classes in The Fall/Winter Session
- Strung Out Jewelry / Astoria Market: jewelry ($27 value)
- Lyla Tov Monsters: Lyla Tov Monster, Forrest is a happy, green, plush Lyla Tov Monster ready to be cuddled all night.
- MOMally: One Hour Sleep Consult via Skype
- Ria's Cleaning Service: 3 hours free cleaning of home/office
- Sugarsnap Baking: Dozen cookies
- Usborne Books & More: Gift basket of 4 best-selling children's books, PLUS a $20 bonus to host an online book party
- Birth Matters NYC: 1-hr "Better Birth" pregnancy consultation
- Sweet Little Bee Stings: Mommy & Me Headband Set
- Astoria Speech and Language: A bundle of books and toys that promote speech and language for children age 0-3.
Participating businesses include:
- Lyla Tov Monsters, Erin Black: Lyla Tov Monsters are plush "good night" Monsters designed by a 3 year old, Lyla Black, to be the protectors of a good night's sleep. With a Lyla Tov Monster snuggled close, you will never have to worry about those scary monsters that may be lurking under your bed or in your closet. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Lyla Tov Monsters is donated to the children's charity of Lyla's choice each year so that kids the world over might have a better night's sleep.
- Astoria Speech & Language, Leah Blakeley: Astoria Speech and Language is a Speech Therapy practice located in the heart of Astoria (37th Street and 28th Avenue). Leah Blakeley M.A. CCC-SLP works with children ages 0-18 on articulation, expressive and receptive language skills, pragmatic/social language, and reading/writing. She is trained in Wilson Reading Program and P.R.O.M.P.T. (PROMPTS for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets).
- KC Culinary Events, Kim Calichio: Kim's cooking classes will provide you with the tools to cooked based on methods & techniques, allowing you to step away from recipes and COOK WITH YOUR SENSES! Kim is dedicated to working with families and communities to shift our world's relationship with food. By working directly with parents and children, she starts the journey of bringing connection to our food on a personal level, while also offering sustainable and attainable practices that will increase knowledge and change lives!
- Raising Astoria, Kim Montini & Laurie Nicholson: Raising Astoria Community and Education Center as well as a Playspace offering enriching and affordable classes for children from birth to 5y, expecting parents and new parents. We also offer great birthday party packages and Open Plays!
- Wowza Social, Kim Montini:A boutique social media management business specializing in helping small businesses grow through social media. We help small businesses manage all of your social media platforms; growing your customer base while you spend more time doing what you do best and focus on your business!
- Wheatley, Pritchard & Assoc., Maureen Pritchard: Wheatley Pritchard & Associate PLLC is an estate planning law firm that helps families and small businesses make the very best legal and financial decisions to ensure that everything they own and love is protected if something happens to them. At WPASLAW, we aim to keep you out of court and out of conflict!
- Tangy Sweet Photography: TangySweet Photography offers a photography adventure to capture unbridled joy and spirit brought forth by children. Local to Astoria and a mom, Tang is inspired by the “tangysweet” of parenthood thus understands the necessity to capture these fleeting precious moments. TangySweet services are affordable and accessible to families living in an expensive NYC.
- Astoria Preschool Dance: At Astoria Preschool Dance, students will learn a variety of dance styles in an exciting class geared to engage and delight the preschool-aged student. Preschoolers love to make rainbows as they stretch, create diamonds as they plié and tap out a beat in their tapshoed feet! Astoria Preschool Dance is proud to be an innovator and a leader of the very best in preschool dance education. Dance is a wonderful way to build confidence and coordination while introducing your preschooler to a world of art and expression.
- Kirsten Cruzen, DoTerra Wellness Advocate: DoTERRA provides simple, safe, and empowering solutions for improving health with essential oils and natural products.
- UPSTAND Movement, Christine Serdjenian: Join the UP-STAND movement! Our mission is to make public spaces and transportation safer for pregnant women. We create awareness items that allow for pregnant women and their supporters to be visible to one another, and take the guesswork out of it.
- Caroline Trowbridge, Children's Author & Reiki Master: Connect to your " life force energy" and experience Reiki with Caroline. Reiki is a Japanese healing art which is a beautiful, relaxing experience that only works for the highest good. Reiki with Caroline will help assist you towards optimum wellness in mind, body and spirit.
- Sweet Little Bee Stings, Tara Genen: Sweet Little Bee Stings: Hip Mommy equals Hip Baby; Headbands for Babies, Mamas, Girls & Ladies; Drooldanas: Look cool even when you drool
- Usborne Books with Ann Margaret Gidley: Ann-Margret is an independent consultant for Usborne Books & More, a multi award-winning publisher of more than 2,000 exciting, engaging, and educational books for babies through young adult. She offers online parties, home parties, school and library orders, book fairs, fundraising, book drives, vendor events, and more!! Website: y4804.myubam.com Email: AnnMargretGidley@gmail.com
- Rachel Rothman, LCSW: Rachel Rothman Borrero is a licensed clinical social worker with 14 years of experience working with children and families. She recently opened a private practice in Forest Hills, Queens providing psychotherapy and consultation services. She works with adults, children and families. In addition to therapy services Rachel consults with parents about behavior management, developmental disabilities, parenting skills and NYC Department of Education special education services.
- Anwar Insurance Agency: Anwar Insurance Agency is a privately owned boutique insurance agency specializing in providing coverages to small businesses. We provide general liability, property, workers compensation, and disability coverages through leading insurance carriers. Our team of Insurance experts will listen to your requirements and tailor an insurance policy specific to your industry and business. We look out for you!
- Tinkergarten, Amy Signh: With Tinkergarten®, kids develop, grow and better prepare through outdoor play-based learning classes. Our expert-designed classes and activities help kids ages 18 months—8 years learn and develop the skills that matter most, while enjoying fun, engaging experiences in the physical freedom of local green spaces.
- My Smart Hands, Rebecca Raymond: My Smart Hands is a mommy-and-me-type baby sign language class where parents learn to sign with their pre-verbal baby. The course is 8 weeks long and comes with a full-color instruction manual and CD of the songs we sing in class. Learn over 100 ASL signs through games, songs, and stories and communicate with your baby before he or she can speak!
- Sugarsnap Baking, Jessica Flanagan: Sugarsnap Baking creates classic favorites with a twist (like our Chocolate Salted Coffee cookie, our take on a classic chocolate chip) as well as mama/ baby/ toddler-centric treats that list every ingredient and their incredible benefits. All of our ingredients are wholesome with no added preservatives, colorings or chemicals. Founder Jessica Flanagan is a professional baker by trade, a childcare provider and a libra...these factors shine in her baking.
- AudreyBloom Crafts, Jessica Flanagan: AudreyBloom Crafts are handmade accessories for the whole family! Mom, Dad, baby and even your furry family members can enjoy one of our handmade creations: bow ties, headbands, hair fascinators and the occasional one-off craft like chip bag wrapper clutches. Founder Jessica Flanagan uses vintage materials whenever possible in her designs.
- La Caravane FrancoFun, Madelia Bergeroo: La Caravane FrancoFun is a family friendly and innovative French immersive educational program in Astoria and LIC. We offer Mommy & Me, morning Preschool Alternative, Home-School and After-School Classes. All classes are taught in French in fun, dynamic and stress-free environment by French native speakers.