**Online Training can be viewed at www.eastersealstech.com/live
What: INDATA Full Day Training: Assistive Technology for Individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired
When: Friday February 24, 2017
Where: Easterseals Crossroads
4740 Kingsway Drive
5th floor Conference Room
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Who should attend: Anyone interested in learning about assistive technology for individuals who are blind or have low vision. Individuals with disabilities, Educators, Parents, Students, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, Professionals, and Health Care providers can benefit from this training content.
Why: This FREE assistive technology training will educate participants about assistive technology available for individuals who are blind or have low vision.
Welcome and Introductions presented by Brain Norton, Director of Assistive Technology at Easterseals Crossroads
Assistive Technology for Low Vision presented by the Vision Team at Easterseals Crossroads
Assistive Technology for Blindness presented by the Vision Team at Easterseals Crossroads
Lunch (catered lunch provided to attendees at no charge)
Assistive Technolgy for Activites of Daily Living by Danny Wayne, Program Manger for the Older Blind Grant at The Wabash Independent Living & Learning Center, Inc.
Lighting Options for Individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired by Paula Jarrard, OTD Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy Program, Indiana State University
1.CEU's will be offered for this training if you attend in person. For more information, visit http://www.aacinstitute.org/CEUs/Participants.html. (**please note that CEU's are NOT offered for online attendees and you must apply for CEU's within 60 days or there will be a $5 charge).
2. If you require any accommodations to participate in this event, please make sure you request them 48 hours in advance. Accommodation requests must be received by 4pm Tuesday prior to the event. If you need a tactile interpreter we will need your request at least 1 1/2 weeks in advance.
3. Please be advised that photos may be taken at full day training events.
4. ESC has jeans days on Fridays, please feel free to dress casual.
5. If you are registering as an online attendee,visit www.eastersealstech.com/live prior to the day of the training to prevent any technical difficulties the day of the event.
6. For questions or accessibility information, contact Nikol Prieto at email@example.com or 317-466-2013.