Asset Management - Tools, Process and Practice
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM (MST)
Society of Petroleum Engineers
Continuing Education Short Course Offering
Asset Management – Tools, Process and Practice
Instructor: Alok Jain, Asset Management Solutions
Dates: Tuesday - Wednesday, February 28-29, 2012, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, 321 Seventeenth Street, Denver, CO 80202, (303) 297-3111
1.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded by SPE-Americas Office for this 2-day course.
Participants in this 2-day course will learn to develop and put in context an integrated asset management plan. They will begin by defining the asset from the earliest phases and work through its lifecycle, including the entire infrastructure, facilities, equipment and services. Topics include:
· Define the contents of an asset management plan
· External factors such as fiscal terms, host government policies, regulatory requirements, etc.
· Macroeconomic factors such as the price of products, goods, and services
· Internal factors such as company policies, external commitments, resources, decision-making processes and criteria, roles and responsibilities, authority guidelines, rewards, and budgets
· The asset management process, including key decisions and deliverables
· Roles of multi-disciplinary team members and monitoring their performance
· Information needed from each discipline in various stages of the asset lifecycle
· Role of benchmarking, post-auditing, and continuous improvement
· An overview of asset management tools and examples from the field, including frequent mistakes
Why you Should Attend
You’ll learn asset management strategies and skills that can immediately be utilized in the field.
This course is designed for professionals across the full spectrum of oil and gas operations.
About the Instructor
Alok Jain is a director of Asset Management Solutions, a training and consulting firm that he formed after taking retirement from ConocoPhillips in late 2003. In his 22 years with Conoco, Jain served in technical and leadership roles in asset management, project management and reservoir engineering. Prior to Conoco, he worked for 11 years in the petroleum industry in Canada, United States, and Libya in economic evaluation, reservoir engineering and development, and as a reservoir simulation engineer with Gulf Oil Company in Venezuela, Nigeria, and Canada.
Jain holds a BS in chemical engineering from Panjab University, India, a postgraduate diploma in petroleum refining and petrochemicals from the Indian Institute of Petroleum and an MS in petroleum engineering from the University of Alberta in Canada.
The registration deadline is February 3, 2012. The registration fee is $1,400 for members and $1,600 for nonmembers and is fully refundable until that time. For more details, contact Darien O’Brien, P.E. at email@example.com or (303) 934-5979. Make your check payable to SPE Denver Section and mail to: Darien O’Brien, 1632 South Lamar Street, Lakewood, Colorado 80232-7038. Please include the course name, your FULL name (as you would like it to appear on the course completion certificate), SPE member number (if applicable), Title, Company, e-mail address, postal address, phone and fax number. You may also register and pay on-line at http://connect.spe.org/denver/home/.