$100, additional $10 for certificate of 5 CEUs
Presented by Clerissa Cooper, LPC, NCC
Description: For some clients, non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) serves as a common unhealthy coping behavior for managing emotional distress. NSSI is also a common core component of clients’ experience of Borderline Personality Disorder. This presentation will increase clinicians’ understanding and treatment of self-injurious behavior utilizing core components of Dialectical Behavior Therapy, including chain analysis, specific coping skills, and communication strategies.
- To understand the process of assessing and targeting problem behaviors in Stage 1 of DBT therapy.
- To understand the key differences between behavior chain analysis and missing links analysis.
- To understand and practice the use of behavior chain analysis to explore non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) and other problem behaviors.
- To identify and understand specific DBT coping skills to address key components of NSSI.
- To learn and practice 2 DBT interventions to address non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI)