If any of these statements apply to you then you’ll probably get a lot out of this seminar:
- I’m not always getting what I want in life and work
- I spend too much time trying to keep other people happy
- I don’t always stand up for myself and what I really want
- I have a hard time disagreeing with people whose views I don’t agree with
- It is difficult for me to say no and I often end up taking on tasks that I don’t want to do
- Because I don’t want to appear aggressive I may be too passive in my interactions
- Sometimes I flip and become aggressive if I feel that someone is taking advantage of me
- Delegating is not my strongest point and frequently I do more than my share of the work
- It is tough for me to speak up and share my opinions, especially if they are somewhat controversial.
- I know I need to promote myself more at work but I don't like marketing myself
What we'll do
Please bring a pen and notebook so you can take your learning back to your workplace or wherever you want to be more assertive.
Sign in: 18:00
Socialising: 20:45 onwards
Gerry Murray is widely regarded as one of the most inspiring personal and professional development trainers and coaches around. He has helped thousands of people find their way in life and work. A recent participant described Gerry as follows:
"It is rare to come across such an experienced talent like Gerry. I had the pleasure to take part in several of his workshops during the last 2 years and got to know several of his incredible clients.
His ability to get participants engaged in his workshops and to communicate complex processes in a simple way is outstanding. That skill often takes years to develop among professionals, but it seems to come perfectly naturally to him.
There is always a touch of humour and fun in his workshops that make it a pleasure to be part of. I am glad to take this opportunity to recommend Gerry to anyone who takes personal development serious and I am looking forward to learn and work with him in the future.”
Gerry founded Wide Circle in 2003 and established the Personal Development-in-Brussels Meetup community in 2009. Today, Wide Circle is a leading provider of people development programs and services to organisations, with a particular focus on collaboration in the workplace. Wide Circle represents Harrison Assessments Talent Solutions (HATS) in Belgium - a unique tool for ensuring the right people are in the right jobs, developing, engaging & retaining talent and for improving teamwork and collaboration in the workplace.