ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER 2017
This year’s Awards Night will be a special evening as we recognize some of Orange County’s finest Civil Engineers and projects. The theme of the night is Great Gatsby, so bring on the Roaring Twenties dressed in your favorite style from the decade. A prize will be given to the best dressed Lady and Gent! Please show your support for your peers and be in attendance!
The Branch will be looking for sponsors for this event, and any vendors who are interested in having a booth at the event. For information on the sponsorship opportunities please visit the event page or contact Josue Vaglienty, PE, M.ASCE, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Josue Vaglienty, PE, M.ASCE
Project Award Winners:
- Project of the Year - La Pata Extension - OC Public Works
- Airports & Ports Project - Sunset / Huntington Harbor Dredging and Waterline - County of Orange
- Architectural Engineering Project - Newport Beach Country Club Clubhouse - Newport Beach Country Club
- Bikeways & Trails Project - Jeffery Open Space Trail - Irvine Company
- Bridge Project - Irvine Blvd. Pedestrian Bridge - City of Irvine
- Community Improvement Project - Huntington Beach Senior Center in Central Park - City of Huntington Beach
- Construction Project - 91 Express Lanes Pavement Rehabilitation and CMS Replacement - OCTA
- Environmental Engineering Project - Peters Canyon (Wash) Channel Water Capture and Reuse Pipeline - Irvine Ranch Water District
- Flood Management Project - MYRA 3 Stormwater Pump Station - City of Cypress
- Geotechnical Project - Emerald Bay Entrance Widening - Emerald Bay Service District
- Historical Renovation Project - Christ Cathedral Tower of Hope Seismic Retrofit - Christ Catholic Cathedral
- Parks & Recreation Project - Stanton Central Park - City of Stanton
- Roadway & Highway Project - Newport Blvd. Widening - City of Newport Beach
- Small Project - Memory Lane Park - City of Santa Ana
- Structural Engineering Project - 400 Spectrum Center Drive Soil Nail Wall - Irvine Company
- Sustainable Engineering Project - Glassell Yard Campus Stormwater Low-Impact Development Retrofit - OC Public Works
- Transportation Project - SR-91 Westbound Widening - OCTA
- Urban or Land Development Project - Esencia - Rancho Mission Viejo
- Water Project - La Palma Groundwater Recharge Basin - Orange County Water District
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Project - Baker Water Treatment Plant - Irvine Ranch Water District
Individual Award Winners:
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in the Public Sector - Kevin Kondru, P.E. - County of Orange
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in the Private Sector - Steve Huff, P.E. - Michael Baker Intl.
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in Community Service - Isamar Escobar, E.I.T. - Michael Baker Intl.
- Outstanding Civil Engineer in Legislative Activities - Mojgan (MJ) Hashemi, P.E. - MWDSC
- Private Sector Engineer of Merit - Bruce Phillips, P.E. - PACE
- Outstanding YMF Officer - Michael Pierce, E.I.T. - Naval Surface Warfare Center - Corona
- Outstanding ASCE Faculty Advisor - Jeremy Redman, Ph.D. - CSU Long Beach
- Outstanding ASCE Life Member - Thomas Broz, P.E.
- Outstanding Younger Civil Engineer - Remi Candaele, P.E. - Huitt-Zollars, Inc.
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Student - Karen Cervantes - UC Irvine
- Lifetime Achievement Award - William Bennett, P.E.
- Excellence in Journalism - Chris Haire - Orange County Register
- Excellence in Promotion of Infrastructure - OC Report Card Executive Committee
- Land Development Engineer of the Year - Douglas J. Johnson, P.E. - Stantec
Is there self-parking available?
Free self-parking is availabe at Turnip Rose Click this link for map/directions.
What is the dress code for the event?
This is a semi-formal event, prefessional attire recommended. Celebrate in style and come dressed in Great Gatsby/Roaring 20's attire!
What are the dinner options for the event?
1) Herb Roasted Chicken, Herb Jus
2) Filet Tenderloin, Cognac Sauce
3) Grilled Vegetables En Croute, Pomodoro Sauce
Have questions about ASCE OC Branch 2017 Awards Dinner?
Contact ASCE Orange County Branch