Actions and Detail Panel
Artists and Makers Conference 2017
Fri, April 7, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
Spring is just around the corner, and it's a great time to rejuvenate and network at our upcoming conference! This one-day event will offer practical tips and strategies to help you grow your arts business. Please join us for a full day of information and networking with artists.
This conference is hosted by Archipelago.
There are three tracks throughout the day, but you can mix and match which sessions you attend:
FOUNDATIONAL (for those just starting a business):
- Approaching Stores and Galleries – with Nire Cook of Maine Crafts Association, Dennis Gleason of Gleason Fine Art, and Meg Reilly of The Sail Locker
- Getting Started in Business – with Jenn Dobransky of New Ventures Maine
- Website Building 101 in Squarespace – a *LIVE* how to with Andrea Beaulieu of Studio Linear
TRANSFORMATIONAL (how to grow your business to the next level):
- Grants and Opportunities for Artists and Makers – with Julie Horn of Maine Arts Commission, Stephenie MacLagan of Island Institute, and more
- Best Practices for Shows and Fairs – Sadie Bliss of Maine Crafts Association, Kathleen Buchanan of Grey Seal Press and Stephanie Crossman of Gram J’s Nets
- Creating a Social Media Scrapbook – with Abbie McGilvery of From the Nest
INSPIRATIONAL (maintaining fulfillment, passion, and inspiration in your business):
- What is my vision? Expanding your business while staying true to you – with Bill Laurita of Swan’s Island Company and James Morin of Flowfold
- Sharing Stories, Stretching Ourselves – with Julie Horn of Maine Arts Commission, Anne Emerlin, fiber artist and 2016 Craft Apprentice Program Master, and more
- Maine Marketing and Branding Trends – the Maine marketing landscape with Andrea Beaulieu of Studio Linear, and Tammy Knight of Maine Made
The late afternoon includes a Pecha Kucha-style event and further opportunities. Choose from:
- DIY Table-top photography – with Michael O’Neil
- Product Reviews with one of our retail experts: Frances Holdgate of Archipelago, Farnsworth Art Museum; Nire Cook of Maine Crafts Association; Tammy Knight of Maine Made [Please note: space in this is extremely limited. Availability is on a first-come basis.]
- Fine Art Portfolio Reviews with one of our gallery experts: Dennis Gleason of Gleason Fine Art, Lisa Mossel Vietze of Archipelago, Sadie Bliss of Maine Crafts Association [Please note: space in this is extremely limited. Availability is on a first-come basis.]
For questions regarding the conference, please contact Lisa Mossel Vietze, 596-0701 or email@example.com.