Actions and Detail Panel
Artisan Shopping Tour in Venice
Mon, November 28, 2016, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM CET
Artisan Shopping Tour in Venice by OG Venice Italy.
Discover the best of Venetian craftsmanship on our Artisan Shopping Tour in Venice. Venice is home to marvelous glass blowers, jewelers, ceramicists, leather workers, sculptors, clothing designers and many more highly-skilled craftsmen. Nevertheless, because the city is laid out as a maze, their shops and workshops can be quite difficult for visitors to find. If you're looking for the best of shopping in Venice, you genuinely need a friend to guide you.
Your host for this 2.5 hour walk will meet you at the very central location of the Arsenale boat stop and guide you from there through the backstreets of Castello and San Marco where you will discover jewelers, sculptors, cobblers, mask makers and many more of the best artisans in Venice. Your host will invite you to enjoy a cocktail and some chiccetti before parting ways.
To get an idea of some of what you might discover on this tour, feel free to check out OG Venice Italy's shopping guide to Venice Italy. And, always feel free to contact us if you have special requests!
Details of the Artisan Shopping Walk in Venice:
Arsenale, Riva Degli Schiavoni
This excursion leaves from the "Arsenale" vaporetto dock, 5 minutes walk from Piazza San Marco. From there, you walk on foot through some of the back streets and small alleyways of Castello and San Marco visiting artisan workshops along the way. The excursion ends near San Marco in Campo Santo Stefano.
Please note: This is a walking tour. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Leaves at: 4:00 PM
- Lasts: 2.5 hours
- Available: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- English; Italian for shopping.
- Credit card required for booking.
- Refundable 2 weeks prior to departure with notice of cancelation.
- Guests responsible for own costs of transportation if needed.
- Accompaniment through the streets of Castello and San Marco.
- Introduction to Venetian artisans and their work.
- Aperitivo and snack.
- Maximum of 4 Guests
- All ages welcome.
- Guests must be able to stand and walk for at least 1.5 hours at a time.
- This outing goes rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
Read more HERE.