The Artisan Guitar Show is an opportunity for musicians, students, enthusiasts, and luthiers as a showcase for the finest handcrafted guitars in the world and their makers. This entertaining and educational event is being presented at the Best Western Harrisburg Hershey Hotel
This show will feature world-class handcrafted guitars and the eminently skilled guitar-makers who craft them. The names of modern-day artisans like John Monteleone, Ken Parker, Linda Manzer, Tom Ribbecke, and Ervin Somogyi are expected to one day grace the pages of history along with Renaissance master violinmakers Amati, Stradivarius and Guarneri.
In addition to the showcase of the finest handcrafted guitars, the Artisan Guitar Show Historical display will feature rare vintage acoustic and electric guitars that are both culturally and historically significant. These instruments are derived from both the provenance of past owner/players and the literal historical context of the individual instruments.
The Artisan Guitar Show Concert Series will feature 16 great concert performances throughout the weekend with highly talented and respected musicians showcasing only the finest instruments being created. These performances will be diverse and will range from presentations by finger-style masters to players who make Jazz arch top Guitars sing.
Just as diverse are the educational workshops being presented as part of the Artisan Guitar Show Master Class Series. These master classes will provide historical background on the art of guitar making from industry legends. Workshops will explore the technical craft of guitar making with topics ranging from the art of the inlay to the importance of innovation in design. Presentations on live performance, concert production in the festival environment, and recording studio techniques have been specifically developed.
The Artisan Guitar Show will have an international representation of industry professionals and will attract enthusiasts from a broad geographic area.
Master luthiers (scheduled to present):
• American Archtop Guitars
• American Music Furniture, LLC
• M A Bashkin Guitars
• Beard Guitars, LLC
• Beauregard Guitars
• Benoit Lavoie
• Circa Guitars
• Comins Guitars
• Galloup Guitars
• Greenfield Guitars
• Humphrey Amps
• Isaac Jang Guitars
• Kathy Wingert Guitars
• Ken Parker (guitar maker)
• Lee Guitars 李吉他
• Manzer Guitars
• MacCubbin Guitars
• MIRABELLA GUITARS
• Monteleone Music
• Peggy White
• Les guitares Pellerin
• Stuart Day Guitars
• Ribbecke Guitar
• Andre Thierry
• Sadowsky Guitars Ltd
• William Laskin Guitar Maker
Artists scheduled to appear (and luthiers planning to present) showcasing their instruments include:
· Robin Bullock presented by David MacCubbin
· Guitarist Craig Snyder and Bassist Vincent Fay will be presented by Roger Sadowsky
· Claude Laflamme Harp Guitarist / Music Producer presented by Michel Pellerin
Master Classes (scheduled to appear)
Speakers and Seminar topics include:
• Ken Parker of Ken Parker Arch tops will be speaking on the importance of embracing innovation in the design and construction of artisan guitars.
• Grit Laskinin of William Laskin Guitar Maker will speak on the art of the inlay.
• Marty Garcia is the founder and CEO of Future Sonics. More than 30 years ago, Marty developed the first custom personal monitor earphones and systems. He will speak on the use of in-ear systems for stage and studio.
• Rod Woodruff is an independent concert producer whose interest in live performance dates to the days of legends like Bill Graham and Barry Fey. Rod’s venue, the legendary The Legendary Buffalo Chip, has presented the finest touring acts in the world including Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Aerosmith, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, John Fogerty, Stevie Nicks and so many others. Rod will provide an anecdotal presentation on understanding the festival environment in America as we approach the 50th anniversary of Woodstock.