Arthur Avenue Italian Food Tour
GET TO KNOW LITTLE ITALY IN THE BRONX
Little Italy in the Bronx is like a time capsule of Italian foods, with many dishes and delicacies that can no longer be found in Italy. Settled by Italian immigrants who came to the Bronx to build the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo, this is New York's largest remaining Little Italy.
A 2-HOUR ARTHUR AVENUE WALKING FOOD TOUR INCLUDES SAMPLES OF CHEESE, PASTRY AND CHARCUTERIE AT NEARLY A DOZEN FOOD SHOPS FOLLOWED BY A SIT DOWN LUNCH AT ONE OF OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS.
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City.
- Sample scamorza, parmigiano reggiano and a decadent truffle cheese at Calandra's as well as the housemade mozzarella and ricotta cheese, the best you'll find outside Italy.
- Take a stroll through the enormous Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste pistachio dipped cannoli at Arthur Avenue Pasticceria
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive "cheegola" bread and Madonia for the white chocolate bread.
Other stops include:
- Borgatti Ravioli
- Casa della Mozzarella
- Biancardi's Meat Market
- Cozenza Fish Market
- Cerini Coffee & Gifts
- The tour concludes with a sit-down lunch at Mario's where we'll have their absolutely amazing pizza margherita.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Public Transportation: Metro North's Harlem line to the Fordham Station. We highly recommend Metro North over the subway.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Wear comfortable shoes and bring a big appetite
What about food allergies?
Please tell us if you have any food allergies before the tour begins. Do be aware though that the tastings on this food tour include meat, gluten, dairy and sugar.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're running late on the day of the tour call 917-881-3918.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Sure, but it's up to you to do so.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable, but if you can't attend, feel free to give it to a friend.