San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Culinary Exploration weekly events are facilitated by local and regional experts and are free and open to the public. Events are appropriate for novice to expert: growers, food hobbyists, enthusiasts, culinary entrepreneurs, butchers, caterers, bakers, food vendors, chefs and restaurateurs. No experience is necessary to participate in Culinary Exploration events.
Holiday Cookie Swap is a family friendly culinary event hosted by ArtHouse: A Social Kitchen. Event participants are invited to bring 4-dozen of their favorite home made cookies to trade with other cookie makers and bakers. ArtHouse will provide coffee while you and other participants nibble on cookies and pack their containers with home made goodness.
There will be games and prizes. Everyone will go home with an assortment of cookies and a thank you gift.
ArtHouse Cookie Swap Rules:
- Please bring 4 dozen of one type of home made cookie. One dozen will be for sampling and the remaining 3 dozen will be to trade with fellow participants.
- Everyone come dressed in HOLIDAY colors and casual wear: REDS, GREENS, GOLDS, SILVERS
- Please email your cookie recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on December 9th. The sooner you get your recipe to ArtHouse the quicker you get to claim your selection!
- There will be 2 contests: Best Tasting Cookie and Best Cookie Presentation. Participants like you will decide the winners.
- All cookies must be homemade by you. A few examples include:
Strawberry Drop Cookie
Pizzelle Drop Cookies
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Michele’s Pecan Bars
Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Cookies
Have fun, meet your neighbors and sample the goodies this Saturday, December 10th from 10am-noon.
When & Where
ArtHouse: A Social Kitchen
ARTHOUSE: A SOCIAL KITCHEN
A unique destination for food, culture, and art in Gary, IN
ArtHouse provides access to a commercial training kitchen for local residents and emerging businesses, culinary business incubation (CBI) and operation space, a pop up café shaped by CBI participants, community dinners in Gary homes and the café, and gallery/exhibition space. ArtHouse is focused on creating a space that positively reflects the city of Gary and provides a platform for economic and artistic activity in the downtown area. The site will evolve continuously through the work of partner organizations and creative individuals. It is a dynamic destination for food, culture, and art lovers to meet, gather, and learn.