Actions and Detail Panel
Art of Opportunity Workshop London
Tue, Oct 17, 2017, 9:30 AM – Wed, Oct 18, 2017, 5:00 PM BST
DESIGN NEW GROWTH BUSINESSES AND STRATEGIES.
brought to you by The Art of Opportunity + Tendayi Viki from Benneli Jacobs.
Based on the best-selling books The Art of Opportunity (Wiley 2016 by Marc Sniukas, Parker Lee, and Matt Morasky) and The Corporate Startup (VakmediaNet 2017 by Tendayi Viki, Dan Toma, and Esther Gons).
All successful companies must eventually answer the same basic question: How do you establish new growth strategies and business opportunities from within your organization?
The Art of Opportunity workshop was designed to help you conquer that challenge.
What you’ll learn
- How to discover opportunities for new growth
- How to design new growth strategies and businesses to seize those opportunities
- How to successfully validate your ideas and launch your new growth strategy and businesses
- New concepts for thinking about growth strategy and strategic innovation
- Business design thinking principles to help you shift your mindset and approach
- A profound, yet practical, framework for strategic innovation, which is based on rigorous academic research and practical experience
- A holistic way to look at mapping your customers' experience
- Visualizations, templates, tools, and methodologies for you to quickly apply to your business
For more information, and further global workshop locations, visit www.theartofopportunity.net/training
DAY 1 – DISCOVERING OPPORTUNITIES
Session 1: Introducing to The Art of Opportunity
- The research behind The Art of Opportunity
- Business design thinking applied to strategy and innovation
- Traditional Strategy vs Strategic Innovation
- The old questions of strategy and entrepreneurial ways to answering them
- How established companies successfully design new growth: their framework, process and mindset
- Activity: Evaluate your company’s approach to growth strategy
Session 2: Discovering Opportunities
- Where to play: finding opportunities for new growth
- Underserved and neglected customers
- Understanding customer needs and motivations
- Activity: Customer experience mapping
- Activity: The Opportunity Report
Session 3: Introducing Experience Mapping
- Background and theory on mapping experiences
- Setting up a mapping effort to align with business objectives
- Creating diagrams quickly as a team
- Using maps effectively to see the big picture and find opportunities
- Activity: Build a draft diagram
DAY 2 – DESIGNING GROWTH STRATEGIES AND BUSINESSES
Session 1: Design your Offering and Business Model
- Your offering: products, services and customer experiences
- Activity: Create your offering
- Your business model: activities, resources, partners
- Activity: Design your business mode
Session 2: Design your Revenue Model and Value Propositions
- Your revenue model: revenue streams, pricing mechanisms and payment
- Activity: Design your revenue model
- Activity: The Strategy Report
- Three types of value propositions: customer value, firm value and ecosystem value
- Activity: Evaluate your strategy - Does it create value?
Session 3: The Lean Product Lifecycle (Part 1)
- The Lean Product Lifecycle
- Idea - Explore: Identifying Risky Assumptions
- Idea - Explore: How To Test Assumptions
- Idea - Explore: Setting Minimum Success Criteria
Session 4: The Lean Product Lifecycle (Part 2)
- Explore - Validate: Minimum Viable Products
- Explore - Validate: Pivots and Iterations
- Explore - Validate: Preparing for scale
Session 5: The Art of Opportunity and The Lean Product Lifecycle In Your Company
- How to faciliate an AoO Sprint
- The minimum viable innovation ecosystem
- Open Q&A session
Dr Marc Sniukas (www.sniukas.com) is a global expert on strategic innovation, organizational transformation and corporate entrepreneurship. Co-author of The Art of Opportunity (Wiley 2016). Co-Founder of Business Model Gallery - The World's Largest Business Model Database (www.businessmodelgallery.com). Marc partners with leadership teams and their organizations to discover opportunities for new growth, develop breakthrough strategies and innovative business models to seize those opportunities and transform their organization to execute the new strategy.
Dr Tendayi Viki is the founder and principal consultant at Benneli Jacobs, a strategy and innovation consultancy firm that helps companies develop internal ecosystems so they can innovate like startups. He holds a PhD in Psychology and an MBA; and is author of The Corporate Startup (http://thecorporatestartupbook.com/). He has worked as a consultant for several companies including Pearson, Standard Bank, The British Museum, The World Bank, General Electric and Whirlpool. He is also a Contributor at Forbes Magazine. Dr Viki co-designed and helped implement Pearson's Product Lifecycle which is an innovation framework that won Best Innovation Program 2015 at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards in New York.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email us at email@example.com.
Where exactly will the event take place?
We will organize a venue based on the number of participants. It will definitely take place in the Bay Area and we will inform you 1 month prior to the event date about the exact location.
What is your refund policy?
- Until April 15: 100% minus the Eventbrite ticket and processing fee will be refunded.
- April 16 to May 30: 50% minus the Eventbrite ticket and processing fee will be refunded.
- From June 1 onwards: 0% will be refunded.
Can I send another colleague?
Yes you can. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us about the name change.
What's a Team Ticket?
The team ticket is valid for a total of 5 participants. Joining as a team will give you the opportunity to apply what you learn immediately to your business. If you join as a team, we will have a dedicated team table reserved for you.
Got another question?
Email us at email@example.com.