Actions and Detail Panel
Art of Opportunity Workshop Dubai
Tue, Oct 24, 2017, 9:00 AM – Wed, Oct 25, 2017, 4:30 PM GST
DESIGN NEW GROWTH BUSINESSES AND STRATEGIES FROM WITHIN YOUR COMPANY.
brought to you by The Art of Opportunity.
Based on the best-selling book The Art of Opportunity (Wiley 2016 by Marc Sniukas, Parker Lee and Matt Morasky).
All successful companies must eventually answer the same basic question: How do you establish new growth strategies and business opportunities from within your organization?
The Art of Opportunity workshop was designed to help you conquer that challenge.
What you’ll learn
- How to discover opportunities for new growth
- How to design new growth strategies and businesses to seize those opportunities
- How to successfully validate your ideas and launch your new growth strategy and businesses
- New concepts for thinking about growth strategy and strategic innovation
- Business design thinking principles to help you shift your mindset and approach
- A profound, yet practical, framework for strategic innovation, which is based on rigorous academic research and practical experience
- A holistic way to look at mapping your customers' experience
- Visualizations, templates, tools, and methodologies for you to quickly apply to your business
For more information, and further global workshop locations, visit www.theartofopportunity.net/training
DAY 1 – DISCOVERING OPPORTUNITIES
Session 1: Introducing to The Art of Opportunity
- The research behind The Art of Opportunity
- Business design thinking applied to strategy and innovation
- Traditional Strategy vs Strategic Innovation
- The old questions of strategy and entrepreneurial ways to answering them
- How established companies successfully design new growth: their framework, process and mindset
- Activity: Evaluate your company’s approach to growth strategy
Session 2: Introducing Experience Mapping
Background and theory on mapping experiences
- Setting up a mapping effort to align with business objectives
- Creating diagrams quickly as a team
- Using maps effectively to see the big picture and find opportunities
- Activity: Build a draft diagram
Session 3: Discovering Opportunities
- Where to play: finding opportunities for new growth
- Underserved and neglected customers
- Understanding customer needs and motivations
- Activity: Customer experience mapping
- Activity: The Opportunity Report
DAY 2 – DESIGNING GROWTH STRATEGIES AND BUSINESSES
Session 1: Design your Offering and Business Model
- Your offering: products, services and customer experiences
- Activity: Create your offering
- Your business model: activities, resources, partners
- Activity: Design your business model
Session 2: Design your Revenue Model and Value Propositions
- Your revenue model: revenue streams, pricing mechanisms and payment
- Activity: Design your revenue model
- Activity: The Strategy Report
- Three types of value propositions: customer value, firm value and ecosystem value
- Activity: Evaluate your strategy - Does it create value?
Session 3: Validate and Scale your New Growth Business
- Three steps to validate your business
- Act - Design - Learn: Agile Strategy
- Activity: What to test
- Activity: How to test
Session 4: Launching The Art of Opportunity in your Organization
- How to facilitate an AoO Sprint
- How to facilitate an AoO Project
- Open Q&A session
Dr Marc Sniukas (www.sniukas.com) is a global expert on strategic innovation, organizational transformation and corporate entrepreneurship. Co-author of The Art of Opportunity (Wiley 2016). Co-Founder of Business Model Gallery - The World's Largest Business Model Database (www.businessmodelgallery.com). Marc partners with leadership teams and their organizations to discover opportunities for new growth, develop breakthrough strategies and innovative business models to seize those opportunities and transform their organization to execute the new strategy.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email us at email@example.com.
Where exactly will the event take place?
We will organize a venue based on the number of participants. It will definitely take place in the Bay Area and we will inform you 1 month prior to the event date about the exact location.
What is your refund policy?
- Until August 31: 100% minus the Eventbrite ticket and processing fee will be refunded.
- September 1 to September 30: 50% minus the Eventbrite ticket and processing fee will be refunded.
- From October 1 onwards: 0% will be refunded.
Can I send another colleague?
Yes you can. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us about the name change.
What's a Team Ticket?
The team ticket is valid for a total of 5 participants. Joining as a team will give you the opportunity to apply what you learn immediately to your business. If you join as a team, we will have a dedicated team table reserved for you.
Got another question?
Email us at email@example.com.