ART IN THE PARK
Parker Artists Guild - Art in the Park
August 28, 29 2010
ART IN THE PARK IS FULL...THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR SHOW.
Dear Guild Member: Welcome to your show.
The show is only open to members. We hope to have space for all members who have paid their membership dues by 1/31/10.
· Hours/dates: 8/28/10 and 8/29/10, 10 am to 5 pm.
· Set up is Friday afternoon 2pm to 7pm or Saturday (by arrangement) 6:30am to 8:30am.
· Absolutely no stakes or driving onto the park grass. Tents must be securely weighted.
· After unloading, please move your car away from the unload area. Exhibitors must use an outlying parking area during the show. For the automobile used at the show, you must provide make & license plate # or your application will be returned.
· Security provided Friday and Saturday night.
· Booth space, maps, advertising circulars, 8.2% sales tax collection process and more fun details will be mailed in July.
. All spaces are 10' x 10'
. Please make an attempt to register and pay through Eventbrite. Note: payment is ONLY through Paypal. You may still register by printing out the forms through the website, filling them out and mailing all with your check to:
ATP Committee, P.O. Box 4595, Parker, CO 80138
If membership dues are paid by 1/31/10 and paid for the booth by 4/30/10: $115
If joining/renewing after 1/31/10 and paid for the booth by 4/30/10: $150
If paying for booth after the 4/30/10 deadline: $180
Request for a corner: $35 more (no guarantee on a corner, fee returned)
Full refund if cancel before 6/1/10.
Half refund if cancel between 6/2/10 and 7/1/10
No refund after 7/1/10. If you don’t show up and don’t give notice: no refund and barred from future Art in the Park shows.
Nancy Yarrison, Betty Arndt and the ATP Committee
Art in the Park 2010, Exhibitor and Jury Rules
Guild membership is required to exhibit.
- If there are more payments than spaces, the older post mark or online registration will be given the spaces first.
- Those not getting a space will be placed on the wait list in order of application received.
If you have not exhibited at ATP before, you must be juried. Please send only 4x6 photos.
· 4 of your work, plus 1 of the booth with art work displayed and a SASE
· A short paragraph describing your media. Craft; describe materials and methods.
· If more than one category or exhibitor in a booth, include the above for all.
General Exhibit Rules
1. Manufactured and imported work or any work not made by the exhibitor is excluded and the exhibitor will be required to leave the show. The decision of the ATP Show Committee cannot be appealed.
2. The artist must be present during the entire show.
For the Fine Art Category
1. Original work must be at least 50% of the items hung on the walls. Reproductions of these originals, as described in 2 & 3 below, are allowed.
2. Limited Edition Reproductions, signed and numbered, may be up to 50% of all the items for sale. We prefer limiting editions to less than 300 reproductions.
3. Open Edition Work may not exceed 30% of all the items for sale. Within this category a very limited amount (10%) may be reproductions on mugs, note cards, etc.
For the Photography Category (includes traditional and digital enhanced)
1. At this time we do not require one of a kind work for photography.
2. Limited Edition Reproductions, signed and numbered, should be at least 50% of all items for sale. We prefer limiting editions to less than 300 reproductions.
3. Open Edition Work may not exceed 50% of all the items for sale. Within this category a very limited amount (10%) may be reproductions on mugs, note cards, etc.
For the Fine Craft Category
- Original work that consists of substantial enhancement to an item or product is allowed. For example, painting on or substantial embellishment of clothing or glassware.
- Original, hand crafted work, with features that distinguish one item from another, must be at least 50% of the work exhibited.
- Work that is just assembling of mass produced, machine made or purchased components or kits is not allowed.
- Beaded jewelry work. In addition to the above criteria:
Ø Natural minerals and gemstones must be used in at least 75% of the work.
Ø The stringing of glass beads may not exceed 25% of the work exhibited.
Ø Mass produced or purchased pendants as part of the work are specifically excluded.