Parker Artists Guild - Art in the Park
Members' Shared Tents
August 26, 10-5 and August 27, 10-4, 2017
Dear Guild Member: Welcome to your show.
The Members Tents are only open to members. We hope to have space for all members who have paid their membership dues.
The Parker Artists Guild owns 6 tents and grids to fill them. If you are new and just starting out, you may rent space to show your work. NEW THIS YEAR: You may rent one wall, 4 grids, measuring 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall. SORRY, NO SHARING WALLS. If all spaces are not filled, you will be contacted and offered an additional wall for the same price as you paid for your first wall. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR MORE THAN ONE WALL UNTIL YOU ARE INVITED TO DO SO. As part of the conditions for exhibiting you must agree to donate:
* Time to help pick up the tents and grids from the storage units and set up on Friday AND,
* Time for staffing tents during the show on Saturday or Sunday AND,
* Time to help tear down the tents and grids and return them to the storage units
* TIME WILL NOT EXCEED 4 HOURS. WE WILL TRY TO ARRANGE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PULLED AWAY FROM SELLING YOUR ART. (THESE HOURS ARE NOT YOUR GENERAL PAG VOLUNTEER HOURS.)
( you need not be present to sell your art for the entire show, BUT A MINIMUM OF 2 HOURS during show time will be required. REMEMBER: You will be the BEST one to sell your art.)
QUESTIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO: TONI BROCK firstname.lastname@example.org
· Set up is Friday 11:00am to 7pm, YOU WILL BE NEEDED TO HELP TRANSPORT TENTS AND GRIDS TO THE PARK, AND TO SET UP TENTS. More info later as plans are set.
· Absolutely no stakes or driving onto the park grass. Tents must be securely weighted. Tents, weights, grids, hooks, Square to charge purchases, and print racks, will all be provided. You will need your own chair.
· When you pull you vehichle in to unload, a volunteer will place your arrival time on your winshield. You will have 30 minutes to unload and move your car. Noncompliance will result in show elimination. After unloading, please move your car away from the unload area. Exhibitors must use an outlying parking area during the show. For the automobile used at the show, you must provide make & license plate.
· Security provided: Friday night from 7PM to 7AM. Saturday night from 5 PM to 7AM.
· Booth space, maps, advertising circulars, 8.0% sales tax collection process and more fun details will be sent through Eventbrite in July. There will be a MANDATORY MEETING some evening in July for everyone showing in the MEMBERS TENTS. It will be held at our storage unit when we will assign your space, show how to set up a tent safely, and answer all questions you may have.
FYI: There will be a "square" available on someone's phone so that charge cards may be accepted
NO SHARING A WALL IN THE MEMBERS TENTS
Registration before 4/1/2017- $60 for an 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall wall
Registration after 4/1/2017- $80 for an 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall wall
Full refund if canceled before 5/1/17.
No refund after 5/1/17. If you don’t show up and do not give notice: no refund and barred from future Art in the Park shows.
Art in the Park 2017, Exhibitor and Jury Rules
Guild membership is required to exhibit.
YOUR 4 VOLUNTEER HOURS SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY OR DURING ATP AND REPORTED TO OUR SECRETARY TONI BROCK : email@example.com THESE ARE NOT THE SAME HOURS THAT YOU HELP WITH MEMBERS TENTS
OR, YOU COULD COMMIT TO DO YOUR HOURS AT A FALL WINE WALK,LESSONS AND LEMONADE, OR HOLIDAY PARTY. Please contact the proper people (see website)to set up your hours.
- Eventbrite registration sells the space when there is room.
- Those not getting a space will be placed on the automatic Eventbrite wait list in order of requests.
If you have not exhibited at ATP before, you must be juried. Please send email jpeg images and info to firstname.lastname@example.org
· 4 of your work
· A short paragraph describing your media, materials, and methods.
· If more than one category include the above for all.
General Exhibit Rules
1. Manufactured and imported work or any work not made by the exhibitor is excluded and the exhibitor will be required to leave the show. The decision of the ATP Show Committee cannot be appealed.
For the Fine Art Category
1. Original work must be at least 50% of the items hung on the walls. Reproductions of these originals, as described in #2, may be placed in bins, not hung on walls.
2. Limited Edition Reproductions, signed and numbered, may be placed in bins.
For the Photography Category (includes traditional and digital enhanced)
1. At this time we do not require one of a kind work for photography.
For the Fine Craft Category
- Original work that consists of substantial enhancement to an item or product is allowed. For example, painting on or substantial embellishment of clothing or glassware.
- Reproductions may be places in bins.
- Work that is just assembling of mass produced, machine made or purchased components or kits is not allowed.
- Beaded jewelry work can be included. In addition to the above criteria:
Ø Natural minerals and gemstones must be used in at least 75% of the work.
Ø The stringing of beads may not exceed 25% of the work exhibited.
Ø Mass produced or purchased pendants as part of the work are specifically excluded.