Explore North End Shaw from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. for an early kick-off of Art All Night: Made in DC with Washington's very own Circus of the Night curated by Art Soiree and featuring Nuit Cirque Collective of Artists & Performers Extraordinaire.
Get ready to immerse into the world of wonder and spectacle as you walk the streets of North End Shaw. An utterly unique experience full of fantastical performers and incredibly intricate costumes awaits you. Created to be a roaming performer style experience, the Night of Circus will feature hour by hour street performances and live acts by over 25 Nuit Cirque artists from jugglers on stilts, to the astounding aerialists, to fire breathers, and more.
Magic hangs in the air with Washington's very own circus of the night.
In additon to the numerous street activations, make sure to stop by the area retailers for some inspiring art installations, live performances as well as drinks, food and shopping specials.
- 1924 8th St NW (ends 8PM) - Photo Art by Golie Miamee
- A visual artist, rather than a traditional photographer, Golie uses a photograph as her canvas and digital editing as the main medium. Her work captures memorable moments of nature, people, places, art, culture and much more.
Warby Parker -
1924 8th St NW (ends 7PM) "Square with Me" live intuitive personality portraits by Maria Briskman
Chrome Industries - 1924 8th St NW (ends 8pm) - Insightful Art - Interactive Art Application - Create your own artwork as you mix images about what you love about #MadeinDC with this abstract/photorealistic interactive collage.
Glen's Garden Market - 1924 8th St NW (ends 10pm) - Catch DJ Moose spinning live on the patio of this local market & cafe showcasing locally grown produce, prepared foods & craft beers.
Bucketfeet - 1924 8th St NW (ends 7pm) - Lifesize Sneakers Coloring Book Installation (Interactive)- Get inspired and have your creativity flowing at this unique shoe store as you paint and color in the shoe designs of your dreams. Bucketfeet is a footwear company that collaborates with a global community of artists to create a brighter world through its limited-edition shoes.
- 1921 8th St NW (ends 7PM) - Mixed Media Art by Maha Alkhateeb
- Maha's new mixed media seires - an amalgam of wood panel mounted photography, figured veneers, and texturized wax - blurs the lines between photography and painting as a commentary on the illusory nature of conscious reality versus the trance existence.
Kit + Ace
- 1921 8th St NW (ends 7PM) - Digital Collage Art by Abi Kallushi -
- 808 V St NW (ends 8pm) - 3D Art by Hernan Gigena
- “The Tape Guy,” Argentinian born artist and designer, Hernan Gigena, will present his latest collection of fine artworks showcasing his notable masking tape on paper media with vibrant new inspiration. The neon shapes and figures seem to magically come alive — when viewed through 3D glasses.+ Don't miss Floral Mural Matt McMullen
(on the patio wall), and Mural by Kris Mullins
(artwork in the dining room) a tip of the hat to the neighboring 930 club, a pop-culture isnpired assemblage featuring images, ideas, artists, and personalities that both inspire and invoke the spirit of Hazel.
Landmark - 807 V St NW -
Tasty Burger - 2108 8th St NW (ends 10pm) - Catch DJ Eric spinning live while you explore photographs of local murals and paintings of Metro cars that adorn the walls of this unique neighborhood place. D.C.-inspired food and drinks fill out the menu.
Cherry Blossom Creative
– 2128 8the St NW (ends 8pm) - Pop up with The Neighborgoods
(food illustrator, illustrated dishtowels and prints - @theneighborgoodswithlove) and Fancy Seeing You Here
(designers and letterpress printer, greeting cards - @fancyseeingsarah)
Foundry Gallery - 2118 8th St NW - TBA
Bazaar Spices - 2130 8th St NW (ends 7pm) - Live Henna Art - Get a complimentary henna tattoo as you explore this DC's first and only locally-led, independently-run gourmet spice shop.
Read Wall - 1921 8th St NW (ends 7pm) - Live Bodyart Installation by Katya Krupko - Stop by to check-out unique bodyart installation inspired by Read Wall's American-made menswear.
NORTH END SHAW - features an exceptional collection of first-to- market and independent retailers coupled with some of the region’s most recognizable and beloved brands. The mixed use development located on 8th Street between T and X includes Atlantic Plumbing , The Shay and is home to best-in- class restaurants, exceptional shopping art spaces, and theater.
Other area retailers to check-out Steven Alan, Frank & Oak, Le Labo Fragrances, Bonobos, Declaration, Kyirisan, Compass Coffee, soon to open Haikan and Cava Grill, Typecase Industries, Washington Project for the Arts, Riide Electric Bikes, and Serve U
This event is curated by Art Soiree for Art Night: Made in DC featuring Nuit Cirque Collective of Performers Extraordinaire. For more information visit artsoiree.com and nuitcirque.com