Actions and Detail Panel
Art After School X 4
Thu, May 4, 2017, 4:00 PM – Thu, May 25, 2017, 5:30 PM AEST
This popular program is designed to encourage creativity while building skills and developing confidence using various media. Classes are held in the stimulating environment of the art gallery, and prepared and presented by professional art educators. Four classes are held over four consecutive weeks, with a different them or genre each week.
WEEK 1 Thursday 4 May DRAW
Using just one colour (called monotone) participants will create a modern still life study using bottles and cans. Drawing in a single colour simplifies the task, and lets the young artist practise at a slower pace. Also, a completed monotone drawing or painting is very attractive - a unique look that stands out on its own.
WEEK 2 Thursday 11 May MAKE
Using EASYCARVE, participants will cut out and make a two-toned ladybird print (perfect for gift cards!). EZYCARVE is a great way for beginners to carve relief printing plates, and makes fine details easy to achieve, even with small fingers.
WEEK 3 Thursday 18 May SCULPT
Air dry clay boots. Air dry clay is the ideal clay for kids because they can create clay sculptures without the need of kilns and furnaces to fire their work.
WEEK 4 Thursday 25 May PAINT
Coinciding with the 2016 Archibald Prize on show at the gallery 19 May – 2 July, we will create a vibrant contemporary colour portrait.
Terms and conditions:
- $50 for set of four classes (classes may not be booked individually). 20% discount applies for Gallery members with a Ruby (family) membership - enter the promotional code GEM-00.
- All materials supplied. Children should wear clothes suitable for working with paint.
- Participants may be photographed, and images used to promote the gallery and its programs. By attending you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the programme.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- To receive a full refund (minus an admin fee of 10%), please cancel your ticket or notify the gallery 48 hours or more before the event.
- Refunds will not be given if you do not attend the event, are late or simply forget.
- If you are eligible for a refund, this can take up to 7 working days to process after the event date (due to bank transfer times).