This Workshop is sponsored in collaboration with the Collaborative Healthcare Urgency Group and Service Master Disaster Services.
This workshop provides 7 CE's for Nursing, Social Workers, Nursing Home Administrators and other healthcare disciplines.
This exciting new program from Sorensen, Wilder & Associates allows your healthcare facility to:
• Achieve a State of Preparedness - Is your facility ready for this new threat? Does your Emergency Operations Plan cover all it needs to cover? Are your employees trained in realistic scenarios? Do your employees know how protect themselves and their patients or residents?
• Define terminology and concepts specific to a hostile act within the healthcare facility - specifically, a focused and limited hostile event, or a broad, facility-wide hostile event. Understand the types of events, and how one type of incident can morph into another.
• Review healthcare case studies and discuss the unforeseen challenges that the event can generate, adversely affecting the care and health of patients or residents, performance of staff and operational state of the facility.
• Learn how your staff can protect themselves during the commission of an active shooter event within the facility by utilizing ‘The 4 Outs’ of the Active Shooter Safety Action Plan.
• Understand the increased stress and anxieties that go hand-in-hand with an active shooter event and how to control those anxieties and stress thorough preparation and training.
• Understand the critical decision making process and the psychology behind it. Refine decision-making skills in order to increase the likelihood of survival of staff and patients / residents during an active shooter event.
• Learn the S.T.A.F. Protocol for balancing the safety of staff, patients or residents, and visitors during an active shooter event within your facility.
• Remain safe and alive during an active shooter event!
Amita Healthcare St. Alexius Medical Center Main (OLD) Hospital Conference Center
1555 Barrington Road
4 West Conference Room B
Hoffman Estates , IL 60169