Start Up 101 is classroom time only; this course does not include flight time in the field. NO Prerequisite.
Objective: This is Step 1 in the UAV Law Enforcement Deployment process. We will enable you to present the UAV Business Case and Budget for deployment specific to law enforcement.
Deliverables: You will leave with a UAV Business Case specific to your Department, a Draft UAV Operations Manual, UAV Presentation of Use Cases and Benefits, a Startup Budget, available State and Federal Grants specific to UAV Deployment, and how to become a Certified UAV Remote Pilot.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Terms, Understanding UAV and FAA Terminology
- Building the UAV Business Case
- Budget Cost, Minimizing Startup Expense
- Return on Investment, UAVs Pay for Themselves
- Applying for State and Federal Grants (Startup Assistance)
- Actual Law Enforcement Use Cases
- Selecting the Right Mission Specific UAV and Cameras
- Understanding FAA Flight Regulations as they Apply to Law Enforcement
- Preparing for the Remote Pilot Test
- Ongoing Training
- Wrap-up Q&A