Actions and Detail Panel
Sun, May 28, 2017, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM PDT
Arastradero Stewards: Join us for a lovely afternoon restoring habitat at Arastradero Preserve in this program geared specifically for high school students!
Who: High school students from any school who want to learn about science and conservation in the field. Please bring a signed waiver if you are under 18 years old.
What: Volunteers are able to apply what they have learned in their environmental science and biology classes to:
- Perform and lead restoration tasks in the field
- Learn about the preserve and its unique ecosystems, plants, and wildlife
- Participate in citizen science projects and monitoring
- Create and implement a project aligning to their interests
Where: Arastradero Preserve located at 1530 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto. We will meet at the buildings next to the parking lot. Carpool, bike, or walk if possible. If parking lot is full, please follow the "Volunteer" signage.
- A reusable water bottle
- Dress for outdoor work (sturdy shoes, hat, and long pants recommended; may get muddy)
- Minors under 18 must bring a waiver form signed by a parent
- We provide gloves, tools, and a light snack
**If you registered and can no longer attend or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email about attending if the event is sold out--this means the program is full.**
No need to print the receipt/ticket. Just show up to the event!