A one day, hands-on course in sustainable food production...get a thorough introduction to aquaponics with the instructors from 100 Gardens.
What you will learn:
- History and development of aquaponics.
- Types of Aquaponics Systems
- Fish - Species Selection
- Plants - Species Selection
- System Operation
- Water Quality Management
- Seedling Production
- Basic Pest Management
What to bring:
- Pen and Paper
- Camera (optional - photos are encouraged)
You will leave with:
- The Aquaponics Basics Manual
- Voucher for 15 free tilapia fingerlings
- The confidence and support you need to get growing using aquaponics!
Instructors Sam Fleming and Charles Oliphant have constructed aquaponics facilities and taught incorrectional facilties, high schools, and in Haiti. Check out 100 Gardens on Charlotte Talks with Mike Collins here.
ADMISSION: $150 for Single Admission and $225 for Double Admission
WHEN: Saturday, Febraury 11, 2017 from 09:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
WHERE: Seeds on 36th - 200 east 36th st, Charlotte, NC 28205 - View Map