April 24th Priya Balapa- How to make SharePoint sites Usable and Accessible
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
Speaker: Priya Balapa
Topic: Design: How to make SharePoint sites usable and accessible
- A brief introduction to Usability and accessibility
- Myths and Debunks about Accessibility
- Content is the King. Using IA creating Site and Navigation structure for SP site. Creating Prototypes and Mockups.
- Creating Master page-
- Accessibility testing- How initial testing with free accessibility tools can save us effort and time.
- Creating Page layouts- key things to look out:
- Site structure- navigation through Headers/ Content rollup/ Order and unordered list/html markup.
- Site Appearance- Color contrast.
- Alt tags- when do we need it and when we don’t need it.
- Dynamic content- rolling banner / web 2.0, - Jquery and ARIA roles assignment.
Note: Please follow the Rackspace Visitor signs closely to find their new visitor entrance on the I-35 side of the complex.
Join the San Antonio SharePoint User Group (www.SASUG.net) for this month's meeting.
- Welcome Time: 5:30 PM
- User Group: 6:00 PM - 7:30PM
- SharePint: 7:30-8:30PM
Location: Rackspace - Castle I-35 and Walzem
Food Sponsor: Robert Half Technology
Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of IT professionals on a project and full-time basis. We offer our clients flexible, cost-effective staffing solutions that allow them to maximize the power of technology for the ongoing success of their business.
We help businesses locate highly skilled IT professionals with experience in:
Presenter: Priya Balapa
Visit www.sasug.net for more information.
When & Where
San Antonio SharePoint User Group
The San Antonio SharePoint User Group (SASUG) was established by local, San Antonio professionals who are excited about Microsoft SharePoint. Our goals are to:
• Build a San Antonio community around SharePoint and related technologies
• Share information and ideas on SharePoint
• Allow for members and companies to share innovative programs and solutions based on and related to SharePoint.