AORN San Antonio Chapter 4409 Winter Symposium and Healthcare Expo 2017
AORN San Antonio Chapter 4409’s Winter Symposium & Healthcare Expo 2017 brings healthcare leaders and clinicians together for a dynamic event filled day that fosters solutions for the prevailing challenges, regulatory and cultural changes facing our industry. In the current state of healthcare, providers are called upon to establish quality-focused practice strategies. Our speakers are well known experts in their fields and bring a wealth of knowledge to share new ideas and inspiration with you. Our educational program offers each attendee a unique opportunity to learn and grow so you can address the many challenges you face on a daily basis. You will have ample time to network with your colleagues, hone managerial and clinical skills, discover new resources you can add to your tool box as well as services, and delivery solutions that will help to improve your practice. You are sure to have an unforgettable experience.
AORN San Antonio Chapter 4409’s Winter Symposium & Healthcare Expo 2017 is designed for you. It is based on advice and feedback received from attendee evaluations from our previous events as well as evidence based practice issues published in multiple forums.
There will also be a silent auction and door prizes. Parking is free of charge for those attending the symposium.
This Year's Education at a Glance:
Registration & Check-In 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Poster Session - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Morning Keynote Speaker - 8:30 am to 9:30
- Kevin Reilly – "Exploring the Four F's of Life- Faith, Family, Friends and Fortitude"
Surgical Breakout Session - 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
- “Surgical Site Infection and Instruments Used in Invasive Procedures: Lessons Learned, Actions to Take” Cynthia Spry, RN, MA, MSN, CNOR, CBSPDT
- "It Takes a Village to Raise a Department: Why Facilities Fail Without CS/SPD Support Staff” Weston (Hank) Balch, BS, MDiv, CRCST, CIS, CHL
- “Beyond Fame and Shame-Nudging Your Surgeons to Better Performance” Andi Dewes
Nursing Breakout Session - 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
- The Great BSN Debate: How Nursing Education Impacts Patient Outcomes?” Jim Stobinski, PhD, RN, CNOR, CSSM
- “Engagement: Harnessing Organizational Energy for Transformational Change” David Taylor, MSN, RN, CNOR
- “Anesthesia Care in the 21st Century- Advancements on the Horizon” Dr. Kristina Eng, MD
Leadership Breakout Session - 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
- “Staff Retention, It’s Not Just About the Numbers” Susan de Leo, MBA, RHIA, CHEP
- "A Wartime Commanders Experiences with the Personal Effects of PTSD and Trauma" Lieutenant General Ricardo S. Sanchez, U.S. Army (Ret)
- “Lessons on Leadership” Jim Stobinski, PhD, RN, CNOR, CSSM
Afternoon Keynote Speaker - 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Ridley Barron - Advocate for Patient Safety - “Every 1/2 Second Counts”– a victim’s perspective on quality care.
A continental breakfast from 7:00 am to 8:30 am and a buffet lunch 11:30 am to 1:00 pm will be served, along with hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and live music during the evening networking session in the exhibit hall beginning immediately after the education sessions
Evening Networking - 5:00 pm to 10:00pm
Silent Auction 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (bids accepted until 3:45 pm)
What is the refund policy?
Your answer goes here