Instructor: Bradley Hedges, Ph.D.,PCC-S, Psychologist
CE/Us: 4 for Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists
Alcohol and other drug (AOD) abuse and AOD abuse−related problems are among society's most pervasive medical and social concerns. This training is designed to help mental health professionsal to develop the skills needed to treat AOD issues in our clients by understanding the stages of change, understanding client engagment techniques, understanding the role of self help programing in facilitating sobriety, and developing specific skills for helping clients with the recovery process.
- Participants will be able to identify the stages of change
- Particpants will be able to identify specific client engagment strategies
- Particpants will understand the role of self help programing
- Particpants will develop specifc AOD treatment strategies
Participants will apply the stages of change and develop a treatment plan for clients with AOD issues.
- Stages of change
- Engagement strategies
- Self help programing
- Treatment strategies for each stage of change
- Case Studies