Instructor: Bradley Hedges, Ph.D.,PCC-S, Psychologist
CE/Us: 4 for Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists
Alcohol and other drug (AOD) abuse and AOD abuse−related problems are among society's most pervasive medical and social concerns. This training is designed to help mental health professionsal to develop the skills needed to assess AOD issues in our clients by understanding the frequency of AOD misue, learning how to gather approrpriate data, and identifying approrpiate intervention recommendations.
- Participants will understand the current AOD misuse taxonomy system
- Participants understand base rates for AOD misuse
- Participants will learn to gather appropriate data for assessing AOD misuse
- Participants will learn to provide good intervention recommendations
Participants will be given case examples to apply assessment skills and techniques.
- Diagnostic Criteria
- Base Rate data
- Structure of assessment interview
- Intervention Recommendations
- Case Studies