Annual Andrew Fluegelman Awards Gala Honoring Outstanding Students, Student-Athletes & Foster Parents.
Friday, May 18, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Special Guest Dorial Green-Beckham (DGB)
JOIN US on the evening of May 18, 2012 at the beautiful New Linen Life Gallery in San Leandro. Bruce Bouligny and David Bunnell will announce the 2012 Andrew Fluegelman Fellowships at an Awards Gala featuring great food, wine, and Jazz.
Seven college-bound students and student-athletes will be awarded new Macintosh laptop computers, printers and training to help them succeed in their future studies.
David Bunnell and Bruce Bouligny with the 2011 Fellowship Winners.
These winning students are amazing individuals who have overcome the poverty, struggling or broken families and who aspire to achieve greatness--not only for themselves, but for their communities.
By attending this event, you will also:
- Meet Dorial Green-Beckham, the most highly recruited high school football player in America. Our first National Fluegelman Fellowship Winner, Dorial, from Springfield, Missouri, survived years of heart-breaking hardships, was shuffled from foster home to foster home, lived in a Van with his mom and brothers, overcame learning disabilities and then became one of the best high school athletes of all time.
- Hear the inspiring story of Dorial's adoptive mother, Tracy Beckham, who with her husband John has fostered, provided love and shelter for, and adopted over 30 disadvantaged children. Tracy, whose story brought tears to the eyes of the cadets at West Point recently, is our keynote speaker.
- Meet our East Bay Foster Parents of the Year. These are wonderful people who make enormous sacrifices based on the love for the children they care for.
The ever-popular Skyline High School Jazz Quartet under the direction of Mr. Vincent Tolliver, will surprise you with their sophisticated, lively interpretation of great jazz hits. You'll enjoy signature dishes from some of the East Bay's best restaurants and excellent California wine.
Most importantly, you'll be supporting our efforts to provide Macintosh computers and training to deserving students, and recognition to outstanding foster parents.
Last year's Award Ceremony was sold out, so don't delay!
The Andrew Fluegelman Foundation is a nonprofit which works closely with other nonprofits in the East Bay to make sure more kids have a better of chance of achieving a rewarding life.
SAVE this DATE and RESERVE your spot! Show your appreciation and love to the some of the most outstanding students, student-athletes, and foster parents from the East Bay and beyond.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Photos and Links:
Dorial Green-Beckham (DGB)
- Dorial's 79-yard one handed TD catch at the Army All America Game.
- Dorial breaks all-time national high school receiving record.