Our pursuit of family history tends to be shaped by several motivations, including the desire to carve out a place for one's family in the larger historical picture, a sense of responsibility to preserve the past for future generations, and a sense of self-satisfaction in accurate documentation of history.
Plans for this group:
Visit Family History Centers, Municipal Archives Historic Marriage Records Research Sites & Cemeteries. Take free Classes & Workshops. Utilize Premium Family History Websites. Build Family Trees.
Some upcoming gathering may include:
- How to Begin with Yourself
- Interviewing Family Members
- How to Organize Your Information
- Documenting as You Move Forward
- Utilizing Census Records
- Accessing Databases & Sources of Information
- Types of Records & Searching for Them
- Additional Internet Resources / Genealogy Blogs
- Upgrade Your Research Skills Beyond the Basics
- Working with Consultants
Our regular gathering places are:
- Asbury First United Methodist Church on East Avenue, Rochester, NY. Most eve meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month (Sept thru June, except December).
- Central Library of Rochester & Monroe County downtown Rochester, NY. Most afternoon meetings are every Sunday of the month (Sept thru May).
You are also welcome to make suggestions to for our calendar!
Expected RSVP and Attendance Etiquette:
It is required that you to show respect and be courteous to event organizers and fellow members when RSVPing events. When a member fails to update their RSVP by the closing time on more than one occasion, you may be removed from the group.
Thank you for accepting, understanding and complying with the above guidelines. Please contact me directly with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks!
Volunteer Meetup Group & Event Organizer
- Random Adventures for Life-Long Learners!!
- Rochester's Ethnic Dining & Culture Club
- Genealogy, Ancestry, Heritage & Family Tree Research Group
I'm a 40+ Marketing & Design Manager who luvs to meet new people, do something adventurous & have FUN!! Organizing events is very consuming, but hugely rewarding. There’s nothing more satisfying than connecting people through interactive gatherings.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.