Analytics and Metrics: Advanced Social Media
Friday, May 31, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Instructor: Sandeep Junnarkar
You've built a Wordpress site and meticulously posted your research and analysis. You’re Tweeting up a storm. But is anyone actually reading and sharing your work? The first step in driving more traffic to your site is to get a better sense of the site's current traffic. Where are visitors coming from? How long do they stay? What time of day draws the most visitors? What actionable steps can you take on Twitter to build an engaged following?
Armed with this info, you can begin to tweak your publication schedule, keywords and content to attract a greater number of visitors and keep them longer on your site. We'll explore the following skills:
- Embedding Google's Analytics script to measure traffic
- Analyzing when a visitor comes to the site and how long they stay
- Distinguishing between new visitors and returning visitors
- Determining the geographic source of the traffic
- Distinguishing between SEO-driven traffic and Social Media-driven traffic
- Measuring traffic and engagement via Twitter
Pre-session work: (coming soon)
When & Where
JustPublics@365 is a project that uses digital media as a way to connect academics, journalists and activists across traditional silos, and foster transformation on issues of social justice.