Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE)
The sooner you take the AWPE, the sooner you will be able to enroll in your writing class
Important Information about the Exam
- Please do not enter the testing location until proctors arrive.
- Photo I.D. is required.
- Please pay for your AWPE on www.ucop.edu/elwr. Bring the paper receipt or your receipt on your i-phone or laptop. If you have a receipt for a previous AWPE, and you did not take the exam, you may use the same receipt.
- You must use a black pen.
- If you have already taken the May Systemwide AWPE or previous UCSD AWPE, you may not take the AWPE again. Prerequisite checking is in place.
- You may retrieve your AWPE score and placement result by proceeding to the home page of the Basic Writing website (http://basicwriting.ucsd.edu/) and clicking on the Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE) Results link.
- Questions regarding double-payments or receipts, please call AWPE Customer Service at 800-839-8507.
- If you are late for the exam, see the AWPE proctor
If you have a question about the exam or your registration, please contact Grace Aspiras at firstname.lastname@example.org