Actions and Detail Panel
An Optimal Introduction to Defining Data Requirements
Thu, May 18, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM NZST
BEAM* is a better way to gather your data requirements.
Learning how to use the Business Event and Activity Modelling method closes the gap between Business Users and Data Warehouse Developers providing a fast track to speaking the same language through the requirements.
Despite the data warehouse and modelling space being relatively mature, collecting data-driven requirements and slotting those requirements into proven designs is a minefield of mistranslation. Whether your project is Agile or Waterfall this method works for you, whether you are a Business Analyst who knows nothing about data or a Developer who knows nothing about a business function, this method provides a language that both can understand.
This hands-on one-day course uses examples and exercises to reinforce concepts, delivering practical techniques, templates and methods you can use the very next day.
Who is this course for?
- Understand BI vs. application requirements
- Know the BI lifecycle
- Learn a common BI-specific language
- Handover without re-translation
- Repeatable framework
- Document the right level of detail
DESIGNER / DEVELOPER
- Requirements that look dimensional
- Framework to ask clarification questions
- Cumulative build (less rework)
- Know the context of data requirements
- Framework for prioritising needs
- Better estimates of effort to deliver
- Upfront input into the data model
- Enable self-service BI
- Build on others reports
- Faster reporting based on dimensions
- Learn how to gather BI requirements
- Enable better communication with users
You can get the full lowdown on the course here.
What do I need to bring to the event?
Nothing, we have it sorted
Is lunch catered?
Yes, oh and did we mention that it's awesome? Please contact us with any dietary requirements that you have
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org, that's me.