An Intellectual Property Primer for Investigators and Graduate Students - October 25, 2013
Friday, October 25, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
An Intellectual Property Primer for Investigators and Graduate Students
11:45 am - 12:45 pm
Friday, October 25
Video Conference Presented by BioStrategy Partners
Bring your lunch and join us for a discussion on intellectual property.
This session is the second in our six-part series, will feature a wide-ranging discussion of intellectual property:
- The "new" (to the U.S.A.) first to file patent system and what it means
- The difference between inventorship and authorship
- Timing around publications and patenting and why it is SO important
- What needs to be in an application
- What to file an application
- The importance of keeping track of the use of materials obtained by Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and obligations to outside funding courses including the Federal Government
Patrick J. Kelly, Ph.D., J.D.
Partner, Riverside Law LLP
Thomas Sossong, Ph.D., J.D.
Patent Counsel, Universal Display Corporation
Karen Hanson, Ph.D.
Executive Director, BioStategy Partners, Inc.