Actions and Detail Panel
An Energizing Event for Sassy Women
Thu, May 11, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM BST
This is an event for Strong, Authentic, Self-aware and Sensitive women creators.
We discuss insights from the book Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham.
You will learn how:
• How the biggest missed opportunity of your life is your unrecognised uniqueness.
You are one in 33 million based on YOUR UNIQUE COMBO OF SUPER POWERS! Are you taking advantage of this?
• How you are shooting yourself in the foot with your conditioning around your weaknesses.
• How you fail to capitalize on the way your brain is naturally wired to succeed
I love this story of Usain Bolt, the 9-time-winner of Olympic gold medals. An interviewer once remarked to Usain, who had a record number of wins, "You have a poor start though". And Usain responded, "Yeah my coach told me not to focus on my start because it is not my strong point." And yet, he WON THE GOLD in freakin' Olympics! 9 times!
Do you take your strengths for granted and focus too much on your poor "starts"? 90% of us do.
We are so close to our strengths that we barely notice them. Yet winners understand that to win, you must bring your A GAME. Your A-GAME is when you have self-awareness about your superpowers. YOUR A-GAME IS A REFINEMENT OF YOUR SUPER POWERS.
How do you develop a strategy to win consistently, and fuel even more victories to create those amazing changes we are here for?
I will present the most remarkable insights and stories from the book and open the discussion out to the audience.
Buckingham gives profound examples and statistics that are helpful and I have several of my own case studies to share.
“Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What’s a sundial in the shade?” - Benjamin Franklin
• 6.00 -6.30pm - Arrival, Registration and Networking
• 6.30-7.00 pm- Networking and Nibbles. Get to know other spectacular women like you
• 7.00-8.00 pm- Talk on "Stop Failing. Start Winning" (based on the book Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham)
• 8.00pm-9.00 pm- Open the conversation on strengths
• 9.00pm- 9.30 pm- More networking and wrap up
Your event host: Haseena Latheef
Founder of the inspirational fashion brand DFYNorm (Defy the Norm) and other exciting projects!