San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The BSA / AML / OFAC Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program, and for assuring that the bank is in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, and all other applicable laws.
Currency Transaction Reports and Bank Secrecy Act began in 1970. While the basic premise has remained the same, the amount of bureaus and regulations has reached staggering proportions. The BSA exam manual is now 442 pages. The Treasury Department has designated FinCEN, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, to oversee the Bank Secrecy Act. Civil Monetary Penalties for non compliance from thousands to millions of dollars continue to make headlines. Willful disobedience can be blamed on the board of directors down to the compliance department.
The federal government requires all banks and credit unions to have a board designated Bank Secrecy Act Officer. FinCEN also requires the BSA Officer and team are well qualified and trained to carry out the duties of this important position. Employees at the financial institutions are required to have initial and ongoing training on money laundering and BSA. Many people choose to outsource employee training, but this course will teach the teachers how to teach. You will be recognized within the bank or credit union as the go to expert.
This interactive two day class prioritizes and focuses on the framework, education and tools needed to properly manage this department within a financial institution. Attendees will participate in case studies, discussions and real world scenarios that they can take back to their departments to implement regardless of their asset size.
- Learn how the four pillars of BSA need to be implemented with appropriate policies and procedures to effectively manage compliance within the laws.
- Learn different agendas to train the board of directors, lenders, loan processors, customer service, tellers and other front line staff.
- Learn about monitoring for and completing currency transaction reports.
- Learn about monitoring for and completing suspicious activity reports.
- Learn how to bank money service businesses that they and your bank will appreciate.
- Learn how the roles of FinCEN, OFAC and the USA Patriot Act impact your institution.
- Learn how to think like a crook so you develop that "gut feeling".
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- 4 Pillars of BSA/AML Program
- Board Training and Job Specific Training
- Case Studies
- Currency Transaction Reports
- Suspicious Activity Reports
- Money Service Businesses
- USA Patriot Act
- Customer Identification Program
- Customer Due Diligence
- Enhanced Due Diligence
Who will Benefit:
- Bank Compliance Officers and Assistants
- Bank Secrecy Act Officers and Assistants
- Bank Secrecy Act Analysts
- Credit Union Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Staff with BSA/AML oversight responsibilities
- Risk Managers
Note: Use coupon code < NB5SQH8N > and get 10% off on registration.
Save This Event
When & Where
Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.