$95

American Kizomba Awards - 1st Edition

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

2718 W Irving Blvd

2718 West Irving Boulevard

Irving, TX 75061

View Map

Refund Policy

Refund Policy

Refunds up to 30 days before event

Event description

Description

The American Kizomba Awards was conceived after the host, Samy Vez, lost his sight in 2018. He received enormous emotional and financial support from the kizomba community.

The American Kizomba Awards were created for two reasons:

First, as a way to recognize the great humanitarian work that Kizomba community members have done; Secondly, to appreciate the great dance-related skills and creativity being cultivated in North, Central and South America.

The American Kizomba Awards Trophy was designed by Samy Vez during his Industrial Arts class at the Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center for the Blind.

This event will consist of classes led by Isabelle and Felicien (France), Charles Ogar (USA), and Shawndel and Samy Vez (USA). There will be a formal awards ceremony. You are invited to wear your finest kizomba-ready attire. Dress to impress! There will be social dancing all three nights until 6am, Kizomba and Urban Kiz will be equally represented.

This is an opportunity for Kizomba lovers across the Americas to vote on who wins an award. Your voice counts, so be sure “like” and “share” this event for people to vote for your favorite nominees. Stay tuned for instructions on how to cast your vote. Public votes will count for 60%, and the Awards Council votes will account for the remaining 40%.

The categories and criteria for this edition are as follows:

Most Philanthropic Person - Kizomba:

  1. Must be an active member in the community,
  2. Should have done something to no self-benefit to serve the kizomba community.

Most Philanthropic Person - Urban Kiz:

  1. Must be an active member in the community,
  2. Should have done something to no self-benefit to serve the kizomba community.

Community Builder:

  1. Uses their sphere of influence to promote kizomba: increase the number of members in the community; connects current members to increase the number of people in the community / bring in new dancers.
  2. Promotes kizomba community through events that extend beyond dance.
  3. Member in the community: actively attends and supports events related to kizomba.

Best Kizomba DJ

  1. Plays great mixes at events and/or
  2. Makes or remixes tracks

Best Urban DJ

  1. Plays great mixes at events and/or
  2. Makes or remixes tracks



Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

2718 W Irving Blvd

2718 West Irving Boulevard

Irving, TX 75061

View Map

Refund Policy

Refunds up to 30 days before event

Save This Event

Event Saved